Talk

Advanced search

I am rubbish with my children

(5 Posts)
Rollonbedtime7pm Tue 30-May-17 12:36:03

It's half term and i'm home with the kids - 7, 4 and 13 months.

I find it really hard work! The older ones are on at entertaining themselves and the baby pootles about quite happily but I feel like I should be doing more but I just can't muster up any enthusiasm for hearing about football endlessly (DS) or play being a dog (DD1).

My plan is to go out somewhere after lunch but I can't think of where to go! And I sort of hate having no other adults to talk to all day long but no friends available today.

I am rubbish aren't I?! AIBU to be totally useless with my own children?!

LovelyBath77 Tue 30-May-17 12:38:19

No, I'm rubbish too! Feeling guilty as they (8 and 12) have spent most of the last two days while it rained, on their tablets. I have at least cleaned up today a bit and planning to take them to the park if it stays dry. I'm blaming it on the rain. they just emerged to get maltesers which the grandparents left them and went back in. I feel useless as well, whatever I suggest they moan at as it's rainy, and to be honest I feel the same! It is a bit better now but muggy and busy out.

LovelyBath77 Tue 30-May-17 12:38:58

PS they sound happy enough pootling about!

SecretNetter Tue 30-May-17 12:43:14

Also feeling rubbish ATM.

Dc are 9, 7 and 2 weeks. The Easter Holidays were rubbish for them as I was so uncomfortable with pregnancy I could barely move and dh didn't have any time off as he was saving it for after the birth...usually we both take a week at Easter and do family things all week and the dc really noticed the difference and were upset.

This one is even worse as dh is back to work now and I'm stuck to a breastfeeding baby most of the day...even dressing and popping to the shop was a challenge yesterday so there's no chance of any days out this week for them.

LovelyBath77 Tue 30-May-17 13:23:55

Maybe we need to remember they often have busy lives at school etc and it's good for them to have some down time - we don;t always have to entertain them etc and it can be good for them to be bored. Going to turn off the screens here after lunch i think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now