Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be impressed by this woman's diet?

(128 Posts)
ComingUpTrumps Mon 29-May-17 17:25:04

Sorry about the Daily Mail link!

www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4550978/Carolyn-Hartz-reveals-secrets-amazing-body.html.

This is an article about someone who gave up sugar almost 30 years ago. Her diet/general lifestyle seems pretty good to me. What do you all think?

PS disclaimer I'm definitely not her and this isn't a sneaky stealth boast! grin

Auchan Mon 29-May-17 17:29:29

I'd believe it. I dropped 8 stone giving up sugar and starchy carbs. I'll never go back on the stuff.

CurlyWurlyCatcher Mon 29-May-17 17:31:10

I'm so in awe of anyone giving up sugar. I have a very real sugar addiction. How hard was it giving up?

ComingUpTrumps Mon 29-May-17 17:31:23

Wow well done Auchan! How hard was it to do? Is your daily diet similar to hers?

I'm really going to try giving up sugar. I think giving up starchy carbs will be much harder for me though!

CurlyWurlyCatcher Mon 29-May-17 17:31:36

Sorry, my question was aimed at you @Auchan smile

ComingUpTrumps Mon 29-May-17 17:31:40

Me too Curly!

Thatextrainch Mon 29-May-17 17:32:00

I'd struggle to give up sugar but she looks amazing

QuiteLikely5 Mon 29-May-17 17:32:12

I was more impressed by her age!

ShinyGirl Mon 29-May-17 17:32:33

Nah, not impressed. Sugar is great in moderation.

RedMetamorphosis Mon 29-May-17 17:32:34

Definitely agree with cutting out sugar doing wonders. I also found it very easy in Perth to exercise frequently and eat well.

She has also had a hell of a lot of work done too, so while she does look incredible, it isn't all down to just cutting out sugar.

ComingUpTrumps Mon 29-May-17 17:33:35

Oh gosh Red shock I couldn't tell what work she had done - what do you think she's had?

bluejelly Mon 29-May-17 17:41:19

She also works for a company that markets sugar alternatives so I would take her advice with a pinch of, we, salt

Crunchymum Mon 29-May-17 17:41:31

Sounds like she was advertising some kind of sugar substitute if I'm honest?

And the amount of fruit she eats is quite a lot (up to 4 portions according to her "average day" list)

Yes she looks like she has had work done too.

Despite all this there is no denying she looks freaking amazing. Can't believe she is 70 (work or not!!)

expatinscotland Mon 29-May-17 17:43:45

She uses Xylitol instead. What's to be impressed about? I hate that stuff, it bloats me and gives me gas.

RestlessTraveller Mon 29-May-17 17:46:23

I eat around 4 portions of fruit a day. Why is that a problem?

Squishedstrawberry4 Mon 29-May-17 17:46:50

It's good for the gums and preferred by dentists

QueenMortificado Mon 29-May-17 17:47:35

I'm more impressed by her plastic surgeon

buggerthebotox Mon 29-May-17 17:48:03

She looks good, that's true. She's worked really hard for that bod, but I don't think it's impossible. I have a friend thaf age and her body is great, too. She just walks and eats everything in moderation.

I think that woman has had work done, to her face at least. And she dyes her hair, obvs. Not knocking it btw.

I think the article is more about Xylitol, which is a sugar substitute, and what you can do with it.

Boatsnack Mon 29-May-17 17:48:51

I'd be that slim if I ate xylitol it has an extreme laxative effect on me. I'd spend all day on the loo though. Surely fake sugar is worse than the real thing.

RedMetamorphosis Mon 29-May-17 17:49:44

Yup, her face barely moves - it's more obvious in videos and wouldn't be surprised if she has had some lipo.

I'd much rather eat sugar, albeit in reduced amounts, than a sweetener.

LedaP Mon 29-May-17 17:50:32

I gave up added refined sugar.

I concentrated on sorting my gut bacteria first and found the cravings were less. Dr Michael Mosely has just done a book on it aswell. I have just read it and tweaked my diet a bit more and feeling the benefits. Really helped my pmt too.

I can believe what this woman says.

Empireoftheclouds Mon 29-May-17 17:50:54

YABVU to read that article and not notice that she is advertising a xylitol product.

MrTumblesbitch Mon 29-May-17 17:56:06

I never trust any one that says they don't deny themselves anything and that they eat 2 pieces of chocolate a night <tinkly laugh at how naughty they are>

ComingUpTrumps Mon 29-May-17 17:56:54

Sorry Empire blush (and everyone else who's commented about the advertising). I just thought her diet looked really good, and was quite impressed by it.

2littlemoos Mon 29-May-17 17:58:07

Wow!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now