We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to bugger off for 2 days with no kids and get pissed in a hotel

(40 Posts)
starshaker Mon 29-May-17 16:19:27

I need a break after a break up (I'm sure there will be people here who will be pleased about that). My babysitter is watching the kids friday to Saturday and I can do what the hell I want.
1. get drunk and feel sorry for myself
2. Explore a city
3. go camping

I did look at a trip to rome or somewhere but flights don't work out so I'm sticking to about 4 hours travel at max. I need to do something other than get pissed because then I may do something really stupid. Im near Glasgow

marsipanee Mon 29-May-17 16:21:20

Can you rally up a couple of girlfriends to go along with you? Could be more fun with friends.

Otherwise I'd hide away in a boutique hotel with a book and bottles of wine.

Vanillamanilla1 Mon 29-May-17 16:21:50

Sounds like heaven !

starshaker Mon 29-May-17 16:22:24

I don't have anybody to do anything with. Pretty pathetic isn't it?

AgentProvocateur Mon 29-May-17 16:23:06

Get yourself to Arran for the night. Either to Auchrannie Spa or a campsite. Go for a walk up Goatfell then to a bar at night. Guaranteed to make you feel better.

Sionella Mon 29-May-17 16:23:48

What about a spa? You can get some good deals on last minute. Take some books and a bottle and spoil yourself.

nickedmyname Mon 29-May-17 16:23:55

Spa break? Come back feeling rejuvenated rather than hungover? I'd love to do that on my own

MrsTerryPratchett Mon 29-May-17 16:24:14

It's MN so I have to suggest a spa grin It's the law.

nickedmyname Mon 29-May-17 16:24:16

Ps not pathetic. V normal. Hope you're okay though

MrsTerryPratchett Mon 29-May-17 16:24:35

Bwahaha x-post

hilbil21 Mon 29-May-17 16:24:41

See if portavadie have any availability

ImperialBlether Mon 29-May-17 16:24:59

If you know drinking will create a problem, you need to go somewhere where that won't happen, don't you?

nickedmyname Mon 29-May-17 16:24:59

Can't believe I was almost the first to suggest spa wink

Squeegle Mon 29-May-17 16:25:01

Arran sounds great! I think you will be more proud of yourself OP if you go out and force yourself to do something. Don't let the bastards get you down 👍🏻

GeekyWombat Mon 29-May-17 16:26:45

Not pathetic, blissful. Treat it as a chance to recharge your batteries and reset yourself a bit.

Agree about the nice hotel. Cinema / theatre matinee if that's you're thing, health spa treatments if you fancy, wine, good food, magazines and lots of sleep.

Can I come?

starshaker Mon 29-May-17 16:32:14

Spa sounds good. Looked into Aaran and its pretty booked up.

ginorwine Mon 29-May-17 16:33:23

Do you want to be alone and re charge or have an adventure ? What do you feel exited to do ..?

starshaker Mon 29-May-17 16:36:06

I looked at groupons etc and most were offers if 2 were bought

starshaker Mon 29-May-17 16:38:09

I don't know. Part of me wants to feel sorry for myself but another part wants to make the most of the free time because it really doesn't happen often

Dizzywizz Mon 29-May-17 16:39:03

I would want to go to a Hote and get pissed (my phone changed that to kissed!!) but actually I would go to a spa, i think. Last time I looked at group on for spa deals it was actually only single deals, it's funny isn't it how it changes.

BrainSaysNo Mon 29-May-17 16:40:34

One day feeling sorry for yourself, wake up Saturday for your adventure!

mrsBeverleygoldberg Mon 29-May-17 16:45:29

I went on a spa afternoon by myself. It was fab because I did what I wanted when I wanted. If I'd gone with someone else I'd be worrying about them and if they were doing what they want. No shame going by yourself. Enjoy!

milliemolliemou Mon 29-May-17 16:48:24

Good book, good walking, find a good B&B good luck

LagunaBubbles Mon 29-May-17 16:50:41

I had an overnight break with my DH at the Westerwood Hotel and Spa near Cumbernauld as a Valentine's present from my son (to cheer me up as my Mum died on Val day), had a great time! Not really into the spa though but I did have a facial and spent hours in the pool!

19lottie82 Mon 29-May-17 16:54:31

Go stay in the blythswood hotel in Glasgow! Use the spa, have a few cocktails, go see a film at the GFT....... bliss!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now