Talk

Advanced search

Or is this childish

(14 Posts)
fannyanddick Mon 29-May-17 09:31:11

Bought a duplo toy at theme park yesterday. Dh went for a 'quick' shower, came down an hour later and we'd set up the toy. Apparently that was his plan, to do the new toy with them this afternoon. He stropped off and is even explaining the annoyance to ds 5. We have tonnes of duplo and other toys. Is this massively childish or was I thoughtless letting them open it?

ChicRock Mon 29-May-17 09:33:09

YANBU, not are you a mind reader. Is he usually this much of an arse?

ChicRock Mon 29-May-17 09:33:27

*nor are you

bailz Mon 29-May-17 09:35:31

We all know how annoying it is when you really want to do something and then can't because someone else has done it or whatever.
I get he probably feels disappointed, but did he tell you he wanted to do this? If not, not your fault.

LittleBearPad Mon 29-May-17 09:36:36

He's being ridiculous. A quick shower doesn't take an hour either.

LadyPW Mon 29-May-17 09:37:27

If you'd set it up in the 5 minutes needed for a quick shower then maybe you'd have been unreasonable. But taking an hour for a shower? What was he doing, plumbing it in first and tiling it?!

So he wanted dc young enough to play with Duplo to wait an unspecified amount of time to play with their toy? He is being ridiculously childish. If he'd been in and out in 5 minutes which actually is a quick shower he would have got to open it and set it up with him. Pop his dummy back in and put him down for a nap he might be cranky after a long day.
YANBU

PeanutButterJellyTimeforTea Mon 29-May-17 10:17:12

If he had said to you that was his plan and you ignored him and did it anyway, he's got a point (but should have made it in a grown up manner instead of stupid stropping)
Otherwise, no.

fannyanddick Mon 29-May-17 14:59:07

He didn't say that was his plan to me. I just think he behaved like a 4yo. In fact my own children I'm sure would have behaved better if they'd come down and he'd set it all up and they're 2 and 5.

Anothernewnn Mon 29-May-17 15:04:32

He is being ridiculous. Is he always this much of an arse?

araiwa Mon 29-May-17 15:04:47

it would have been nice if you had asked him to be involved

Nousernameforme Mon 29-May-17 15:08:03

Sounds a bit controlling.
Here look at this fun thing but you can't have it until I come back from doing what i want which is more important than what you want.

Surely if he was that fussed he would have set it up and played with them and had a shower later.

fannyanddick Mon 29-May-17 15:50:26

I didn't tell him I was going to do it. It was just that the kids came in and started opening it and I let them and helped a bit. I would understand a bit more if it was one of the more grown up Lego set things that you follow step by but a duplo slide fgs!
For those posters asking, yes he does have form not for this exactly obviously, but for being hard work sometimes. I actually just think he's pretty selfish and self centred a lot of the time.

AppleOfMyEye10 Mon 29-May-17 16:07:27

Yanbu, so basically he's upset two tiny children beat him to it. How bloody childish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now