Talk

Advanced search

To want my sticker?!

(15 Posts)
FelineEleganza Mon 29-May-17 07:06:11

Travelling for work early today with five other colleagues, fairly new to the job (so I don't know everyone -that- well yet.) The six of us are split between two cars.
Supervisor decides we should stop for a quick McDonald's breakfast (would have preferred drive through personally) To grab a coffee so he could go over some route details with the other driver due to road works we didn't know about.

Anyway.

I purchase my hot chocolate, everyone else gets lattes and tea etc when one of my 'esteemed colleagues' (a man in his fifties) starts waving around the little rip-off sticker collection from his cup and exclaiming
'Stickers! Give me your stickers I want a free coffee!'
Whilst making grabby hand motions like a child!

Basically if you get 6 stickers on your little piece of cardboard you get a free drink, I probably wouldn't have cared too much if he was driving us/had asked nicely but he got quite huffy when I shook my head and told him I had already stuck it on a previous collection and I was actually saving them up myself because I do frequently seem to get hot drinks from McDonalds.
I was quite cheerful about the whole thing and nobody else seemed phased but he literally rolled his eyes and huffed before sulking back to the car! confused

Am I being unreasonable to have scuppered his plans a free coffee? He's making a point of ignoring me and has sort of drummed up a bit of an atmosphere!

peukpokicuzo Mon 29-May-17 07:07:40

What a cheapskate. Yanbu.

AlternativeTentacle Mon 29-May-17 07:08:35

Did you buy the coffee yourself or did he?

If you did then it is your sticker natch.

FelineEleganza Mon 29-May-17 07:09:16

@AlternativeTentacle we all bought and paid for our own!

ophiotaurus Mon 29-May-17 07:12:18

What an arse 🙄

WatchingFromTheWings Mon 29-May-17 07:12:38

He's a twat. Ignore him.

SheSaidHeSaid Mon 29-May-17 07:37:59

I hope this isn't the first of many annoying personality traits you're going to find out about the longer you're in the job. What a big baby.

tickwhitetick Mon 29-May-17 08:44:47

What a bellend

citychick Mon 29-May-17 08:55:13

YANBU
he's displaying awfully childish behaviour.
just ignore . and yes, he's shown his colours.

harderandharder2breathe Mon 29-May-17 09:33:28

What a childish prick. I could understand saying nicely/jokingly "if anyone doesn't want to collect the stickers I'll have it" but five year olds do the demand and grab thing, not adults on a busines trip

MsVestibule Mon 29-May-17 10:18:51

Hard to believe that a man in his 50s, presumably working in a professional job could behave like this!

Just treat him as though he actually is a toddler and ignore his bad behaviour.

rollonthesummer Mon 29-May-17 10:20:40

What an arse!

Had he already bought himself a drink and was hoping to get another one free?

ArchieStar Mon 29-May-17 10:34:28

You bought it, it's your sticker. He needs to grow up.

RainbowPastel Mon 29-May-17 10:54:55

Did you know you can get a free refill every time you get a hot drink?

Bettyspants Mon 29-May-17 10:57:57

You have a fun day ahead of you!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now