Talk

Advanced search

Cabins in the Wild with Dickleburgh Strawbridge

(25 Posts)
BromptonCocktail Sun 28-May-17 22:00:37

Anyone else watching this and thinking WTF? A holiday cabin cunningly designed to mirror the coalmining experience? This is surely the Tiny Homes version of that cereal cafe, not to mention totally inaccessible for people with reduced mobility. I'm genuinely perplexed.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Sun 28-May-17 22:01:16

Dickleburgh?

BromptonCocktail Sun 28-May-17 22:01:49

Oh good god..lol-ing at the typo in the title; I did of course mean DICK not Dickleburgh (WTF??)

OnTheRise Sun 28-May-17 22:02:40

I think the name rather suits him.

BromptonCocktail Sun 28-May-17 22:02:49

If I was cleverer I would have pretended that was his real name that only I was privy to...

Tinseleverywhere Sun 28-May-17 22:10:10

Ah Mr Strawbridge, or may I call you Dickleburgh? With your tiny coal mining hut you are spoiling us.

BromptonCocktail Sun 28-May-17 22:12:55

@Tinsel I'm laughing so hard the neighbour's dogs have started barking. (Autocorrect does very special things here on MN it seems...)

ComingUpTrumps Mon 29-May-17 02:24:16

Dickleburgh gringringrin

ThroughThickAndThin01 Mon 29-May-17 02:29:30

grin grin how did auto correct get to dickleburgh. Wtf is a dickleburgh?

BeeThirtythree Mon 29-May-17 06:53:05

Dickie bird? I would get but Dickleburgh? I thought they were separate place names Dickleburgh by Strawbridge....lovely place!

OP you have cracked me up! Brilliant start to BHM!

CatsGoPurrrr Mon 29-May-17 07:16:03

Omg. I caught this before Handmaids Tlae. I'm not sure how I've missed this amazing series before.

Who wouldn't want to have a tiny coal mining cabin experience?

grin

BromptonCocktail Mon 29-May-17 07:24:33

I'm very glad my errant autocorrect has provided some entertainment; my phone appears to have every place-name in the UK stored in its dictionary!

Living in Wales I've been quite astounded by the show's bizarre romanticisation of the country, very much hoping a future cabin will celebrate a night out on Swansea's Wind Street or perhaps a wet weekend at Butlins in Pwllheli. I think Dickleburgh could find much to gush about: "The use of chip-wrappers for the roof and discarded WKD Blue bottles for the windows is really celebrating the materials" grin

rizlett Mon 29-May-17 07:38:10

Dickleburgh - its a small village in suffolk but I much prefer it as a tv personality name.

BromptonCocktail Mon 29-May-17 07:41:44

How is Dickleburgh pronounced? In my head I'm saying 'dickleburg' but I'm guessing it should be 'dickleborough' or similar?

ToothTrauma Mon 29-May-17 07:42:50

I'm really angry that Dickleburgh isn't his real name

ComingUpTrumps Mon 29-May-17 07:45:08

Haha me too Tooth 😂 It just goes so well with Strawbridge. It sings! 😂

AnAirborneFluffyWhiteThing Mon 29-May-17 07:54:09

Dickleborough has obviously finished doing up his chateau and needs something smaller to occupy him! Or maybe he needs more money to finish off chateau?
Was the programme any good? I only caught the tail end of it..

PS Love his 'new' name. Totally suits him smile

BromptonCocktail Mon 29-May-17 09:18:38

@Airborne Well, it's the second week I've watched it, so there's something compelling about it (Dickleburgh, maybe?)

I'm enjoying the craftsmanship and creativity of the competitors, although I find myself shouting at the TV when Will Hardie starts gushing about Wales being 'basically made of slate', and then I worry I'm turning into my dad, who spent the whole of Treasure Hunt bellowing at Anneka Rice.

user1471545174 Mon 29-May-17 10:06:32

"Welcome Dickleburgh, brother to Balonz" ... smile

ProfYaffle Mon 29-May-17 10:09:44

grin I live near Dickleburgh, thought this was going to be about a new holiday park opening up or something.

PeanutButterCheesecake Mon 29-May-17 14:20:22

On my telly on the menu screen the programme showed as

Cabins in the Wild with Dick

Which made it sound far more interesting than it actually was.

AmenacingWhistle Mon 29-May-17 14:38:58

Brilliant title grin

AnAirborneFluffyWhiteThing Mon 29-May-17 14:40:33

Oops!! @BromptonCocktail

viques Mon 29-May-17 14:42:52

this thread must be an example of the ones a posters husband was complaining about. All knobs and dicks.

you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

blushwink

BromptonCocktail Mon 29-May-17 14:48:49

@Peanutbutter Yes! On ours as well. I think that's why we watched it in the first place.

@viques I'm hoping my autocorrect is working hard to make sure MN has fewer dicks on it. (On a side note, Will Hardie is quite knobjoketastic as well)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now