Talk

Advanced search

To feel pushed out?

(10 Posts)
malificent7 Sun 28-May-17 19:38:28

My dad has been dating a good friend's mum for about 4 years now.
The friend and i had a bit of an unhealthy relationship in that she always dated my exes and i was gutted when dad got with her mum 6 months after my mum died.
Anyway am happy that dad has a nice partner. Dad helps me but id prefer to be more independant.
On the other hand he ALWAYS hans around with his gf, my friend and her dp.
That is ok but im starting to feel pushed out. He's always driving them around places which im ok with. But they seem to know too much about my business.
Last night they divulged info about dad's inheritance which i didnt want to know. Im just surprisef he told them and not me.
My friend then snapped at me when i told her i was upset with my dad for another reason.
What she said was fair enough but the way she said it was just nasty. I texted her today and said i was upset about the way she spoke to me and she hasnt texted bk.
Im feeling a bit depressed about it all tbh. I want distance from my dad but it kind of hurts that hes fond a new family. Also happy that he has support.
I feel that they love to remind me hiw much he supports me when they also get loads of support.
Its all a bit Jeremy Kyle isnt it?
I think i need to go to councelling about it.

Its

malificent7 Sun 28-May-17 19:39:16

Aggrrr typos!

ballerinabelle Sun 28-May-17 19:40:24

YANBU.

nina2b Sun 28-May-17 20:02:34

YANBU.
The behaviour you describe is very hurtful to you, OP. Try to have a word with your dad about your feelings. You are his daughter after all.

malificent7 Sun 28-May-17 20:11:11

I just feel that they can all bugger off if that is their attitude.
I do love my dad but he can be controlling and hard work so in a way its good he is distracted.
Ive tried talking to him before but he dosnt want to know.

malificent7 Sun 28-May-17 20:11:54

He dosnt do feelings and will side with his gf and her own.

malificent7 Mon 29-May-17 08:24:05

Friend has not responded to the text which makes me feel she thinks im in the wrong.
I am thinking of talking to my dad and asking him not to share any information about me.
To add to complications my dd and her dd often dont get on and recently my dd has been scape goated forvher dds issues.
How do i deal with this? I dont want to go nc with dad or fall out with them.
I am pissed off she didnt reply even to defend herself. It shows she just dosnt care really.

llhj Mon 29-May-17 09:08:35

I feel for you. It's really tough rising above and dealing with these feelings. Do you have siblings?

malificent7 Mon 29-May-17 17:01:08

Yes but we arent close. I just feel like rising above it all as you said but its hard.

Thinkingofausername1 Mon 29-May-17 17:17:09

Some thing stood out to me here. A new partner after six months
Discussing inheritance
Mmm
Fishy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now