Talk

Advanced search

It's for Manchester, but it's Forever Living

(20 Posts)
HanarCantWearSweaters Sun 28-May-17 19:14:58

Facebook friend has been converted recently. They're having an 'online event' tonight. It will have fab discounts on products and the chance to win goodies and have some fun. Apparently. Proceeds will go to the Manchester Fund.

Aibu to not attend? as much as one can attend an online event

It just seems like using a tragedy to flog the shit they've got stacked in their garage that no one is buying.

Elledouble Sun 28-May-17 19:16:07

Oh, that's tacky. angry

What are they on?!

JollySmelly Sun 28-May-17 19:16:57

Terrible behaviour. Can you publicly call them out on it? It's bloody shameful!

GeillisTheWitch Sun 28-May-17 19:17:00

I would be experiencing sudden broadband issues that won't be resolved until tomorrow.

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Sun 28-May-17 19:17:18

Proceeds will go in her pocket. These people are brainwashed sharks.

HanarCantWearSweaters Sun 28-May-17 19:19:37

I would Jolly if I was less of a chicken shit wally! Alas I shall do as advised and feign internet troubles. Bloody Sky, always losing signal round 'ere.

She used to be so normal, too.

HanarCantWearSweaters Sun 28-May-17 19:21:25

Her friend? Mentor? I think the person who recruited her or however it works, she's running the event and my friend has shared it and is helping out as far as I can tell. They've added an image to the post of the Manchester bee saying stay strong our kid. #westandtogether

#westandtogetherifyoubuyourshitlotion

Saucery Sun 28-May-17 19:21:34

Cynical bitch. I've been boycotting any company that uses Manchester to promote their products. Even when coyly presented as a 'giveaway'

Pinkheart5917 Sun 28-May-17 19:23:32

I think it takes a special kind of person to use the death of people to make money!

I certainly wouldn't be partaking in the tacky and insensitive "event"

user1468353179 Sun 28-May-17 19:25:03

What are the proceeds though? I saw that Take That were giving the profits from their Liverpool show to the Manchester fundraisers, but that very vague. Profits before they took their share,or after?

HanarCantWearSweaters Sun 28-May-17 19:35:20

That's what I thought, as far as my understanding of MLMs is, does the mentor recruiter person get money when one of their underlings sells stuff? Or only when they recruit?

Because surely if friend sells item, friend takes profit, high upper takes profit, what's left?

Not to mention they keep saying there are special offers and discounts and free giveaways, so I can't see all that much money being donated.

Brittbugs80 Sun 28-May-17 20:04:17

I fell for Forever and became a business owner. I barely admit to it though! Everything I sold my upline got 5% of as her bonus. So I could buy a heat lotion for £12 sell it for rrp of £14 making £2 for myself and my upline would get 5% of the total order placed as you had to make a minimum of £50 for each order. There wouldn't be much to donate. Plus for every order you place, you got 2% as your monthly "bonus"

Mysteriouscurle Sun 28-May-17 20:10:35

FL hits a new low. Is there nothing they wont stoop tosad

TheFirstMrsDV Sun 28-May-17 20:23:34

I have seen quite a few examples of this from various MLMs.

Its foul.

Foslady Sun 28-May-17 20:37:21

Ask them the price of a product and tell them it's ok, you don't need that stuff but instead will donate that amount to the gofundme page yourself.....

NotACleverName Sun 28-May-17 20:42:59

Just when you thought the MLM shitehawks couldn't get any tackier...

pluck Sun 28-May-17 21:00:09

Ohhh, fuck no! If you care about this person, can you tell her what this looks like, and tell her you don't want her to get the flack coming her way for this?

TreeTop7 Sun 28-May-17 21:03:37

Wow. A new low.

MyCatsHateMLMtoo Sun 28-May-17 21:58:22

They exploit sick children/families who are fundraising too by promising to donate £3 of every £10 spent by anyone for a tube of fl toothpaste shock. I've seen it happen and once posted the suggestion that people just donate a tenner to the little lad's fundraiser grin. Deleted promptly.

Why? Well, the have to sell a minimum amount of gloop in order to qualify for monthly promotions. They'll to ANYTHING in order not to have to buy the stuff themselves and stockpile it in the garage/loft/cellar etc. Shameless, but that is the nature of multi level marketing companies' exploit everyone. family, friends, the sick and the vulnerable. Disgusting, the lot of 'em.

Aartappel Sun 28-May-17 22:00:49

I just avoid MLM whenever I can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now