Talk

Advanced search

To tell you that if you/your husband/son whatever was cutting the grass at 6.30am this morning...,

(61 Posts)
BuzzBuzzBuzzLightyear Sun 28-May-17 09:35:02

He is an arsehole.

As are you, for not preventing it from happening.

I can think of not one single acceptable, passable excuse for such arseholery.

Supersoaryflappypigeon Sun 28-May-17 09:37:21

My mum used to clean the whole house before we went on holiday, literally just before we went even if it was at 3am. Maybe they're going away but garden proud grin

But yanbu for being annoyed.

CrikeyPeg Sun 28-May-17 09:38:51

Oh yeah, I feel your pain
We had this once with a 10 acre block behind us. I reckon the guy was told we're going fishing, mow that meadow by xx o'clock or stay at home. And so he did. Pissed us off no end.

BigDeskBob Sun 28-May-17 09:39:35

They might be having a nice loud BBQ with 50 of their closest friend this afternoon, and it was the only time they could cut it.

LadyPW Sun 28-May-17 09:41:45

6.30am on a Sunday is too early. It's thoughtless, selfish & anti-social. And so very typical of today's attitudes sad

SkyBluePinkToday Sun 28-May-17 09:45:40

Like every other thread that gets posted about neighbour's noise, you have to remember they are ENTITLED to do what they want in their own garden WHENEVER they want. sad sad

But for me, YANBU. They are selfish shits.

Sionella Sun 28-May-17 09:46:39

Skybluepink - within reason. But there is a tipping point beyond which it becomes a legal nuisance!

QODRestYeMerryGentlemen Sun 28-May-17 09:48:21

Ditto the guy walking down our road with 2 kids at 7am all fecking shrieking and bouncing balls. It's a ducking housing estate mate stfu

TheNaze73 Sun 28-May-17 09:48:29

I apologise

RubbishRobotFromTheDawnOfTime Sun 28-May-17 09:48:48

you have to remember they are ENTITLED to do what they want in their own garden WHENEVER they want.

No they're not.

Majorgoodwinschickenbeatstrump Sun 28-May-17 09:50:10

Super... I thought everyone scrubbed the house from top to bottom before their holiday? Can't imagine coming home from a nice relaxing holiday to a dirty house? Or what if I get burgled and the burglars think I'm a scruff? 😂

QueenLaBeefah Sun 28-May-17 09:53:46

Can I give my neighbours a ticking off? 2 days on the trot they have let their delightful pre-schoolers into the garden at 6:00am. You might find their shrieking delightful - I do not. Anymore of this crap and I will let my teenagers have an all night party. You've been warned.

countycouncil Sun 28-May-17 09:55:09

That is incredibly rude and inconsiderate. I'd honestly say something. Where I live there's laws about noise and you can call "noise control" for something like that.
YANBU

waitforitfdear Sun 28-May-17 09:58:49

Very rude and I would have said something to be honest.

We have a neighbour that always feels the need to hedge trim when we are entertaining in the garden knob

happypoobum Sun 28-May-17 10:02:11

My neighbours DH was doing the same at 10.30 last night. I wanted to kill him, and he was upsetting my lovely garden foxes angry

araiwa Sun 28-May-17 10:06:32

today i learned that women dont cut grass or if they do, its acceptable for them to do it at 6.30

BuzzBuzzBuzzLightyear Sun 28-May-17 10:07:47

I don't yet know who was behind the flagrant arseholery. But I will find him (and let's face it, it was probably a him). And I will...well probably not kill him, but give him a piece of my mind.

TroubleinDaFamily Sun 28-May-17 10:08:45

Apparently our retired neighbours across the road, did do their garden before they went to their holiday home in Greece. But is overrun, a jungle I tell you a veritable jungle.

I heard this through double gazing. angry

I did, what I always do.

I opened the windows very very quietly and then slammed them, thereby implying I have had to get out of bed to close the windows. grin

Works a treat every time. gringrin

ThumbWitchesAbroad Sun 28-May-17 10:12:53

YANBU. When DS1 was still a very small baby, the neighbours behind us started angle-grinding something at about 7:30am one Sunday - I was hopping mad, so shouted at them out the back window to "pack it in, it's not even 8am and it's SUNDAY!!" They did, thankfully. But our borough had quite strong rules about noise pollution and they had been caught before.

BoneyBackJefferson Sun 28-May-17 10:14:18

LadyPW

And so very typical of today's attitudes

this sort of thing has been going on for years and has very little to do with "today's attitudes"

VintagePerfumista Sun 28-May-17 10:15:28

YANBU.

But neither IMO were the non-MNers who told the MN to stfu with her mates, music and barbecue until 11.30pm the other night. Although oddly, on that thread, the noisy fuckers were in the right.

It's a funny old world. grin

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Sun 28-May-17 10:17:11

Buzz - so have you got a very particular set of skills?

BarchesterFlowers Sun 28-May-17 10:18:17

We live next to a farm yard (our house used to be the farmhouse). They start between 5 and 6 every day of the year apart from Christmas Day.

intergalacticbrexitdisco Sun 28-May-17 10:19:09

**I did, what I always do.

I opened the windows very very quietly and then slammed them, thereby implying I have had to get out of bed to close the windows**

That is possibly the most British thing ever smile

MycatsaPirate Sun 28-May-17 10:20:54

yanbu

It's sunday. I appreciate that people have little time to do stuff when they have a hectic week but it's Sunday. Everyone should understand that Sundays are 'quiet days' especially in the mornings.

Dp has been itching to go out and do some gardening this morning. I have now let him go out at it's 10.15 and he has the radio on quietly while he potters about. If he even thought about starting up lawnmowers at that time I'd come down and mow over him myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now