Advanced search

Womans aid isn't open who else can I ring? (Posting for traffic)

(175 Posts)
Queenofthestress Sun 28-May-17 06:09:31

Womans aid isn't open on weekends, it's says Monday - Friday on the website, who else can I ring?
Posting on here for traffic & because some of you have read my previous threads

TheDonald Sun 28-May-17 06:16:09

24-hour National Domestic Violence
Freephone Helpline

0808 2000 247

Hope you're ok

HmmmHashtag Sun 28-May-17 06:20:17

Call the number Donald posted, you'll get through to an actual person and they'll be able to help you flowers

youarenotkiddingme Sun 28-May-17 06:20:47

If you're in immediate danger call the police.


Queenofthestress Sun 28-May-17 06:22:32

Shaken but ok, kids are okay, eldest isn't here and youngest was fast off upstairs, he started sobbing after wards apologising, I feel really unsure I guess, keep second guessing ringing because he didn't hit me but then I think of threads on here that say it doesn't have to be hitting to be abuse

Queenofthestress Sun 28-May-17 06:24:29

He was screaming, shouting swearing calling me a dumb bitch getting right in my face and screaming at me

picklemepopcorn Sun 28-May-17 06:28:07

I hate how he gets to be the one sobbing. If he was really sorry he would take himself away. Use the number. You are responsible for your own and the kids safety and feelings, not his.

AnUnhappyStudent Sun 28-May-17 06:28:45

Please ring the number aboveflowers

Millionsmom Sun 28-May-17 06:29:34

The next step is almost always physical Queen sad
By then, he's conditioned you so much you blame yourself/decide it's not that bad/it could've been worse.

Call the number for advice.

Take Care of yourself, if you don't think you're worth it, your children are.

Millionsmom Sun 28-May-17 06:30:46

BTW - YOU are worth it too.

Queenofthestress Sun 28-May-17 06:35:32

Millions I'm already at the it'll get better stage but I just keep thinking of what I read on here that no its probably not going to get better,

I thought he was going to hit me this morning, I texted my friend when he stormed out to call the police but I didn't want him to know I'd asked my friend to call
I'm hiding in the bathroom whilst he's passed out upstairs

Masonbee Sun 28-May-17 06:40:39

Haven't read your other threads but please do call the number Donald gave. Is there anyone (friend/family member) you can phone for personal support as well?

NellieBuff Sun 28-May-17 06:45:52

Call the number now. Do not second guess yourself just call the number you were given. This situation is not going to get better. The biggest step is getting the courage up to pick up the phone and dial the number. You and your children do not deserve this evil excuse of a man - you and your DCs are worth so much more. So pick up the phone darling and sending you a hug and prayer (if that is alright).

Queenofthestress Sun 28-May-17 07:03:54

As soon as I'm out the house I'm going to ring, I don't want him hearing or he'll kick off majorly, he's woke up and acting like everything's fine, I keep re-reading the messages to keep my resolve strong

ThatsNotMyToddler Sun 28-May-17 07:09:30

Your county council may have a domestic abuse helpline as well OP, you could google that for extra help if needed.

PinkSquash Sun 28-May-17 07:10:58

The number Donald posted is the one to call. It doesn't have to be this way. flowers

Marmalady75 Sun 28-May-17 07:17:31

Please get yourself and your dc to safety. Make the call!

Sunnywithadashofgin Sun 28-May-17 07:18:30

Please please please ring. I was the child in that situation once upon a time and my Mum thought I was non the wiser. I was petrified. Later in life, I too had to escape a similar situation. It always escalates to violence, he will sob and say he is sorry but that doesn't mean it will get better. Protect yourself and your children flowers

LakieLady Sun 28-May-17 07:25:11

I'd call the police next time. In my area, their policy is to come round and take the man away to protect the woman. They also take video evidence on the little cameras they wear, so that they have evidence if a prosecution is brought at a later date.

In the final days of my abusive marriage, I called them because my ex was being very verbally aggressive. Even though he left while I was still on the phone, they came round (very quickly) anyway to make sure I was ok and record my "interview". They also flagged my address for 14 days, so that I'd get a rapid response if I had to call again.

I like to think that all forces in the country follow similar procedures.

Hope you're ok, Queen.

Queenofthestress Sun 28-May-17 07:45:14

I'm ringing as soon as it's safe xx

BillSykesDog Sun 28-May-17 07:50:48

Is he drunk? Call the police to ask if they will remove him and tell them you are frightened you are not safe. Would it be possible to get the locks changed quickly?

Needcourage Sun 28-May-17 07:53:14

It's already been said.
Please keep strong and make the call. That's not a way to live. flowers

prettywhiteguitar Sun 28-May-17 07:53:43

I would ring the police or google to see if you have local refuge, they will have a different number to women's aid and may pick up faster. If you can't google give us your area and we can do it for you ?

erinaceus Sun 28-May-17 07:57:59

If you need something practical to be done, then I agree with other posters that the police could be a good bet.

If you need someone to listen without judgement I have always found The Samaritans amazing, but they do not give advice and they do not do anything.

If it is not safe for you to call the police you could text a friend and ask them to do this on your behalf?


MilesHuntsWig Sun 28-May-17 08:00:47

Nothing more to add but hope you're safe OP

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: