Talk

Advanced search

To feel so bad - but yet so FREE

(23 Posts)
Millionsmom Sun 28-May-17 05:32:17

Having ditched all this?
No, it doesn't have a new home to go to either - unless you call the bin a new home! No I can't recycle it either, the country I'm in doesn't DO recycle. shock

What have you done that you'd consider bad, but has resulted in Freedom?
I'm only this free til the plastic containers take over my cupboard again
blush
Ditch the tyranny folks.

HappenedForAReisling Sun 28-May-17 05:46:57

Are you in the Middle East, OP?

That looks like all the same shit I bought in the ME smile

youarenotkiddingme Sun 28-May-17 06:02:10

I couldn't in them!

I have a whole kallax draw dedicated to my clip lock tubs and systema tubs blushgrin

PrimeraVez Sun 28-May-17 06:09:00

Haha! We are moving house in a few weeks and I am looking at it as a great excuse to finally ditch all the mismatched Tupperware, random wine glass, cloudy old baby bottles etc!

Ps if you are in the UAE, there is a great company called Take My Junk UAE that will collect anything and everything for free. They either then bin it, recycle it or pass it on to those in need smile

HappenedForAReisling Sun 28-May-17 06:10:13

Have they got rid of the surly bastard who pretty much demands petrol money?

Millionsmom Sun 28-May-17 06:23:59

happened and prime
Yes in the Middle East and thanks for the link too. I've also cleared out the cups cupboard, so many daft cups/bowls. The daft thing is, I've carted most of that jump around with me with each move. I'm not in the UAE unfortunately or I'd be onto Take My Junk like a shot.

The surly bastard - or XH - that demanded petrol money was binned 25 years ago!

Why on earth have I kept all this crap?? There's even more in the Ikea fancy boxes that I've not even looked in since our last move a year ago.

HappenedForAReisling Sun 28-May-17 06:29:15

I bought that shit in both Oman and the UAE. I still have some of it.

Take My Junk have/had a driver who would want money for taking the stuff. I found better people to give it to.

I recently had a dung-out and any lids or boxes that didn't have a mate got thrown out (into recycling, of course!)

PrimeraVez Sun 28-May-17 08:40:52

Oh that's surprised me! We've used TMJ quite a few times, for everything from a rusty BBQ to old bath towels and a microwave, and they've never even hinted at getting paid? (Although I do always tip them)

Out of interest, where else can I get rid of stuff like that? I've got tons of baby related shit that isn't worth selling but it feels wrong just to chuck it down the rubbish chute.

dudsville Sun 28-May-17 08:45:11

Oooh, I bet that feels so good! I love nothing more than discovering I have some crap that irritates me and getting rid of it!

JuicyStrawberry Sun 28-May-17 08:59:45

I'm sorry I'm stuggling with the Tupperware-Middle East connection. confused
Aren't these a worldwide thing or ami just being thick grin

diddl Sun 28-May-17 09:19:39

" Tupperware-Middle East connection. "

Glad it's not just me!

You know that as soon as you get rid you'll need somegrin

I could use the round ones-I don't have any tubs now as my husband is doing work in the bathroom, has mixed stuff in them & broken them both.

MorrisZapp Sun 28-May-17 09:27:26

How the fuck has somebody identified that plastic junk as being Middle Eastern? I'm frightened to show you mine in case you guess my postcode.

ScarlettDarling Sun 28-May-17 09:31:33

Hahaha... I was also going to ask how happened could work out the op is in the Middle East? If I tipped out the contents of my cupboards it would look much the same, and I'm in Newcastle!

TobleroneBoo Sun 28-May-17 09:42:00

I think because the OP said the place where she is doesn't do recycling? Hope it's that or I am just as baffled

WhatSheZed Sun 28-May-17 09:55:29

BusterGonad Sun 28-May-17 10:33:31

It screams of the Middle East! I knew it was, probably Qatar!

BusterGonad Sun 28-May-17 10:34:18

I'll tell you why, because the pots look not fit for purpose! 😂

Millionsmom Sun 28-May-17 14:35:10

I think other posters guessed Middle East because EVERYBODY here has the same crap from the same shops filling up their homes. Even ornaments, furniture, rugs etc. I just told DH the stuff in the store rooms about to be eliminated too. He thinks I'm hinting it's time to leave.
I'm not, it's just if I'm not prepared to pay for all the associated crap to go home with us at some point in the future, then why have said crap now?

No, I'm not in Qatar, but somewhere else a pp mentioned wink.

PrimeraVez Mon 29-May-17 08:23:25

How I Knew This Was The Middle East
- No recycling
- I swear we have some of the exact same Tupperware
- The kitchen floor tiles have something about them. Think it's that very particular shade of yellow cream
- Flower pattern on the bottom of the oven. Looks like something a oven designer here would think was chic
- Kitchen cabinets look very familiar

If I was feeling brave, I might even try and guess which particular community the OP lives in, in a specific city grin

Weedsnseeds1 Mon 29-May-17 09:47:06

My guess is Oman grin

butterfly990 Mon 29-May-17 11:33:47

Everybody knows odd socks turn into tupperware lids. wink

Queenofthedrivensnow Mon 29-May-17 11:35:48

Beware ditchers..... I routinely get shot of all the mismatched tubs. Dp takes this an excuse to keep Chinese takeaway tubs....classy

BusterGonad Mon 29-May-17 11:42:22

I prefer take away tubs to the crap they sale in the country I'm in! 😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now