Talk

Advanced search

"UK home to 23,000 Jihadis"

(373 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

user666999 Sat 27-May-17 19:12:19

This is the title from a Times article today. Bloody hell. This is a shockingly high number. I find this really scary. There really needs to be some major plan rather than just more waffle from this useless Government. I just don't see how this genie can be put back in the bottle and I think things will only get worse.

www.thetimes.co.uk/article/huge-scale-of-terror-threat-revealed-uk-home-to-23-000-jihadists-3zvn58mhq

user1491401693 Sat 27-May-17 19:13:57

Keep Calm And Carry On.

GypsieRoseLee Sat 27-May-17 19:18:02

God that's so scary. This government are useless. All they can say is meaningless bull shit like we won't let them beat us blah blah. Then take no real action. 22 people were murdered last week ffs. It will happen again. People are so worried about being seen as racist that this seems more important than stopping these bastards carry out more terrorist attacks.

Slightlyperturbedowlagain Sat 27-May-17 19:20:21

I think there is a major plan, but the security services have to manage to prevent every possible attack, whereas any attackers only need to get lucky once to cause a horrific incident. Quite a few plans are stopped before they happen and people get jailed for it if you read below the headlines regularly. There also a big risk from right-wing extremists like the one that killed Jo Cox.
Obviously plans etc will get reviewed and hopefully funding increased, but sadly no system will ever be 100% effective sad

Krisgoeco Sat 27-May-17 19:22:02

And for that 23000 -as far as I know- we've got like 3000 special agents who's qualified enough to deal with counter terrorism and watch them undercover 24/7. Do the math! No wonder they're flying off the radar!

WhatToDoAboutThis2017 Sat 27-May-17 19:24:39

The police have foiled a plot like the Manchester attack every month for a long time.

It's scary and something needs to be done, but people are too scared of coming across as racist, same as with the child exploitation scandals.

user0000000001 Sat 27-May-17 19:25:18

All [this government] can say is meaningless bull shit like we won't let them beat us blah blah. Then take no real action

What would you gave them... or any government... do?

user0000000001 Sat 27-May-17 19:25:36

have

PutTheBunnyBackInTheBox Sat 27-May-17 19:29:33

user0000000001

What would you gave them... or any government... do?

What would YOU have them do?

JaneEyre70 Sat 27-May-17 19:29:51

We don't stand a prayer of stopping it, for this country is obsessed with political correctness and the "rights" of these suspected terrorists trump the rights of you and I to live our lives in safety and without fear.

KeiraKnightleyActsWithHerTeeth Sat 27-May-17 19:32:01

"Keep calm and carry on"? Really?
If those reports are true (and I would like to see further details) how could you not be worried? 23000 is an army.

Be they a religious group, a rabble of football fans, angry supermarket managers - 23000 people looking to attack is incredibly concerning.

There needs to be a conversation.

LadyPW Sat 27-May-17 19:36:06

This government are useless
As oppposed to Corbyn who would "talk" to them?! The IRA sympathiser? The man who has voted multiple times against measures to prevent terrorism?
Wake up & smell the roses. There are too many suspects to be able to watch all of them all the time. What this country needs is for their families & their communities to shop them to the authorities & to put a stop to the indoctrination before it takes hold in the first place.

Lucked Sat 27-May-17 19:38:07

But what can you do about british citizens who, to date, have not commited a crime? Do we abandon judiciary?

The police and intelligence agencies can only hope to stop attacks not solve the problem which is the state of the Middle East and that is not going to be solved anytime soon.

QuiQuaiQuod Sat 27-May-17 19:43:37

God that's so scary. This government are useless. All they can say is meaningless bull shit like we won't let them beat us blah blah. Then take no real action. 22 people were murdered last week ffs. It will happen again. People are so worried about being seen as racist that this seems more important than stopping these bastards carry out more terrorist attacks.

We don't stand a prayer of stopping it, for this country is obsessed with political correctness and the "rights" of these suspected terrorists trump the rights of you and I to live our lives in safety and without fear.

What this country needs is for their families & their communities to shop them to the authorities & to put a stop to the indoctrination before it takes hold in the first place.

All the above in spades.

WhatToDoAboutThis2017 Sat 27-May-17 19:44:25

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

isadoradancing123 Sat 27-May-17 19:53:44

It was not this government who invaded Iraq and destabilized the Middle East further

snotato Sat 27-May-17 20:01:31

Islam is a peaceful religion.just the few wankers that give it a bad name.I'm Catholic,but not every priest is a paedophile.
we are a multicultural society.embrace it and be kind to your neighbours,whether they are white,Brown or black.
not all immigrants are terrorists.

ginghambox Sat 27-May-17 20:09:06

snotato
That is exactly the bullshit that is trotted out every single time.

snotato Sat 27-May-17 20:10:39

Excuse me ging!bullshit???

SashaSashays Sat 27-May-17 20:10:41

It isn't clear from the article what they are actually defining as jihadist?

People with sympathies or people who actually want to take action? If 20,000 are a residual risk, what does that actually mean.

Obviously without compromising ongoing work I think 'the security services' really need to highlight, with clarity, what he situation is. How can we as a people know what to expect and what to demand from politicians if we don't really know what is going on.

Orlantina Sat 27-May-17 20:10:59

Can you elaborate on that figure?

How is a Jihadi defined?

Boynamedsue Sat 27-May-17 20:15:14

whattodoabouthis2017when you say not to let 'the ones' who go to Syria to fight back in, where are you suggesting they go if they're British citizens?

yellowox Sat 27-May-17 20:21:55

Sorry but is is bullshit Islam isn't peaceful you can be a peaceful muslim obviously but the Q'uran and Sunnah is full of passages about death to the kuffar (non believers) , homosexuals, apostates and people who have sex (zina) outside of marriage , parts about sex slavery , translucent Virgins in heaven.

Read the scriptures then say it's peaceful, we have a problem with people taking religious texts too seriously but no one will say say anything because people are scared to critique islam.

ToastDemon Sat 27-May-17 20:24:01

snotato don't bother this thread is UKIP corner.

surferjet Sat 27-May-17 20:24:34

23000?

We're doomed really aren't we.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now