Talk

Advanced search

Parking thread on face book

(17 Posts)
birdladyfromhomealone Sat 27-May-17 13:39:59

Someone on a face book selling site has put up a picture of her car blocked in this morning.
She has parked her Corsa in front of her window, without a dropped kerb.
Last night someone has parked on the single yellow line just to the side of her car, meaning she cant get out and will be late for work.
She has been vilified on there as she parked on her land in front of her window with out a dropped kerb.
AIBU to think she would have had our support if she posted here?

DailyMailReadersAreThick Sat 27-May-17 13:44:32

I don't get it. She's parked in her front garden and doesn't have a dropped kerb? If she had to drive over the pavement then no, she wouldn't get my support.

If she's on the road outside her house then fine.

SilverDragonfly1 Sat 27-May-17 13:45:42

Probably not if she's illegally using her land as a drive without getting a proper dropped kerb installed. The pavement needs to be properly prepared for cars to drive over it, otherwise the paving stones crack and drop and it becomes a hazard to everyone. So I'd be pointing and laughing I'm afraid.

NerrSnerr Sat 27-May-17 13:49:20

Is she parked on her front garden? If so it's her own fault as the kerb isn't dropped.

wasonthelist Sat 27-May-17 13:57:40

Can't comment without an extensive diagram OP

Salmotrutta Sat 27-May-17 14:01:09

Yes, I agree that a diagram is necessary.

I can't do imagery in my head.

WatchingFromTheWings Sat 27-May-17 14:09:08

She's broken the law driving over the pavement so no sympathy there. However not sure the other car should be parking on a single yellow line??

AntagonyAunt Sat 27-May-17 14:20:35

Dia-GRAM! Dia-GRAM! Dia-GRAM! Dia-GRAM! grin

MissBax Sat 27-May-17 14:23:34

Has she parked on the pavement?!

birdladyfromhomealone Sat 27-May-17 14:27:19

Here it is!!
I was surprised at the abuse she received saying its her own fault. I
Know how everyone on here loves a parking thread smile
So she is parking in front of her terraced window parallel to the kerb and looks like someone has parked her in even though its a single yellow line.
What does a single yellow line mean?

birdladyfromhomealone Sat 27-May-17 14:28:14

No she is parked on grass outside her front window

MissBax Sat 27-May-17 14:30:43

Can she not just reverse and then drive off? Sorry if I'm not getting it at all 🙈

Garnethair Sat 27-May-17 14:31:09

No dropped kerb no sympathy

NewPapaGuinea Sat 27-May-17 14:31:26

Single yellows means parking restrictions apply at certain times of the day. There'll be a sign indicatibg the hours. Usually during the day say 0800-1800

birdladyfromhomealone Sat 27-May-17 14:43:43

MissBax
no because it is a terraced house do wall either side of her car but she has deleted it now.

myusernameisgeneric Sat 27-May-17 15:46:45

Basically she is trying to make her own space where there should not be a space. She has a parking restriction outside her house so she drives over the pavement and parks on her grass. Depending on the local council she could get into massive trouble for doing so.

GreyVelvet Sat 27-May-17 15:59:07

If no dropped kerb then she's just parked on the land outside her house. Anyone can then park on the street. She is being unreasonable

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now