Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for bra fitting

(9 Posts)
Ham69 Sat 27-May-17 11:50:07

Hi all, posting here for traffic. My friend is staying with her DD (12). We're off into town and she's keen to get her DD fitted for her first bra. Not at that stage with my DD yet so looking for recommendations. Thought M&S though not had a great personal experience with them in the past. I always go to Bravissimo which isn't going be appropriate for her as they start at larger cup sizes. Thank you!

ComingUpTrumps Sat 27-May-17 12:13:38

Hi Ham is there a John Lewis near you? They're meant to be very good.

LadySalmakia Sat 27-May-17 12:14:25

Apparently M&s have changed how they fit now - a sales assistant asked me a few months ago if I'd had a fitting recently and I was nice but firmly said I didn't get fitted there because they don't do it properly and she told me that was why she was asking, they'd changed their methods.

I didn't have one though cause they don't go up to my cup size anyway. But you could test them yourself if you know how it's supposed to be done?

fanfrickintastic Sat 27-May-17 12:15:59

Not m&s. Try boux avenue. Or if the boob or bust Facebook page and measure her at home.

Ham69 Sat 27-May-17 12:18:51

Thanks all. John Lewis is a great idea. Will head there.

donkir Sat 27-May-17 12:33:37

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BoobOrBust/
Please try this group it's amazing.
Avoid m&s although they say they've changed they haven't and still +4 to the band.
If you have a Bravissimo near you then get her measured there. They're not just for big boobs.

Twitchingdog Sat 27-May-17 13:46:25

If you are in London selfridges has a good reputation on here

littleshirleybeans Sat 27-May-17 13:50:56

I got fitted in Boux Avenue last year and almost gave the fitter a hug!!!! The difference was amazing.
Back this year to get refitted as, sadly, I have put on even more weight. Still made a huge difference.
They have a bra event on, you get the second half price. I think they're amazing and I've been measured many times in my 48 years!

MusicToMyEars800 Sat 27-May-17 13:54:19

I usually go to Debenhams, they do good fittings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now