Talk

Advanced search

Noisy neighbours

(28 Posts)
toots111 Sat 27-May-17 08:07:22

I live in a terrace. Three doors down (middle of terrace) has been mowing the lawn since 7.30. So can I send the kids out in the garden now? Everyone will have been woken up already right? They are itching to get outside.

MissBax Sat 27-May-17 08:11:03

That's ridiculous for a Saturday morning! I would have to say something myself 🙈

toots111 Sat 27-May-17 08:15:26

I was obviously very British and passive aggressive and cheerily commented out the window 'oh you've started early'. But he wakes early shifts and usually gets up at 4 so I imagine this feels late for him!

toots111 Sat 27-May-17 08:15:48

Works not wakes

MissBax Sat 27-May-17 08:17:23

I'd have said something similar! Ha! Deary me though, regardless what time he wakes he must know most people will be enjoying a lie in. Send the kids out, you might aswell. I'd much rather the sound of kids playing that a lawn mower personally smile

VinIsGroot Sat 27-May-17 08:20:14

My kids go out whenever .... We do live in a detached house though with only 5 houses on the close!
I think if you have young kids then 7:30 is not early !

Hassled Sat 27-May-17 08:25:01

Neighbours next door but one have had their kids (and from the sound of it, the Dad) bouncing on the trampoline since 7.15 this morning. It doesn't actually bother us at all - I only heard it because I was outside myself inspecting the sweet peas - but I got a lot of pleasure from working out it really would bother the students next door, the students who wake us up returning home at 4.30am. It's obviously revenge, and that's fine by me.

Lostwithinthehills Sat 27-May-17 08:26:28

There is another thread running where the op has been kept awake all night by her neighbours partying. Half the thread is sympathising and the other half is telling her to suck it up as it's only 'a bit of noise'. To the suck it up brigade one poster commented that elsewhere on mumsnet people complain about neighbours mowing their lawns first thing in the morning. Hello op!

usershitloadofnumbers Sat 27-May-17 08:38:08

I would have said something too! You don't have to be unpleasant, just a "sorry but it's too early on Saturday!" is enough.

I live in a detached house with a rather large garden, and even here the kids don't go out to play until 10am.

acquiescence Sat 27-May-17 09:08:22

Of course you can send the kids out at 8am! I personally would've be offended by a lawnmower at 7.30am either. And I have worked many ears of night shifts and currently get up at 5am with a toddler so my Saturday lie ins are previous. People have things to do!

acquiescence Sat 27-May-17 09:08:44

*precious not precious!

toots111 Sat 27-May-17 09:09:28

It's raining now so it's a moot point

usershitloadofnumbers Sat 27-May-17 09:15:52

I would still not bother my neighbours early mornings, even less on a weekend, but why would rain stop the kids going outside?

toots111 Sat 27-May-17 09:16:17

Please note though, this post wasn't really complaining about him. It was asking about me. I totally appreciate that living in a city in a terrace there is going to be noise smile I don't generally send the kids out before 9 because they are VERY LOUD. To be honest, the neighbours probably hear them anyway!

toots111 Sat 27-May-17 09:17:41

Ha ha, was so expecting that comment about the rain! So Mumsnet. They don't want to go out now in the rain. I'm not going to force them.

usershitloadofnumbers Sat 27-May-17 09:21:08

Ha ha, was so expecting that comment about the rain! So Mumsnet.
confused

I have 4 kids and I live in England. Why is the idea of playing in the rain so outrageous? I don't like rain, but my kids are like puppies and go crazy if they don't exercise and run around for at least a couple of hours a day. Who keep their kids indoors in this country in wet weather?!?

VelvetSpoon Sat 27-May-17 09:28:48

My neighbors kids have been outside screaming and shouting at top volume (so loud that even though I've closed my windows I can still hear them) since well before 8am. They were outside until 9pm last night. They were so loud this morning they woke me up.

I don't mind kids playing out and making a moderate amount of noise. But screeching constantly is incredibly irritating as is not being able to open my windows. And knowing there's 12 hours of it ahead.

Their parents are indoors with the door shut and ignore any noise.

BillyButtfuck Sat 27-May-17 09:30:16

My parents never sent me out to play in the rain, nor would I have wanted too hmm

Yukbuck Sat 27-May-17 09:34:37

Lol at the poster telling the op why should rain stop her!
If the kids don't want to play in the rain (I don't blame them!) Then why should she force them? My mum never would have made me. We love puddle jumping etc... but we are usually prepared for it. I don't generally send kids out in the garden in the rain unless they want to!

toots111 Sat 27-May-17 09:58:01

Who keep their kids indoors in this country in wet weather?!?

Oh yes, because that is exactly what I said I'm doing. I am keeping them inside all day because of the rain. Rather than asking them if they wanted to go out, they said no thanks we'll carry on with our game indoors, and then we'll do something outside later when it stops raining.

Bluntness100 Sat 27-May-17 10:02:44

My daughter didn't want to play in the rain and neither did I when I was a kid. It's fairly shite. Most kids aren't mad keen on it. And neither are most adults.

usershitloadofnumbers Sat 27-May-17 10:06:11

don't be like that toots111, you are the one being sarcastic with your only on mumsnet comment.

Lol at the poster telling the op why should rain stop her!
well, lol if you want. I hate rain, but I still went for a run this morning, and my boys went to play football. Even if it rains, life doesn't stop. My kids are healthy, we are a slim and fit family. I'd rather my kids be used to be a bit wet than spending the day in front of a screen eating junk food.
so you lol, whilst I am wearing clean sport leggings (which irritates posters a lot apparently) and showing off my toned bum and abs. Life is too short grin

Sunny now here, off to the beach we go!

toots111 Sat 27-May-17 10:15:44

Only on mumsnet could a post on a relatively light-hearted subject descend into such judgmental comments and competitive parenting smile Have fun at the beach!

usershitloadofnumbers Sat 27-May-17 10:19:49

only on mumsnet could someone who agree with you regarding your neighbour and ask a simple question will be answered that way....

Admitting that my kids are impossible to handle if kept indoors all day= competitive parenting? wow.

but thank you, it's half term so hopefully everybody will have a nice time. Just hoping Gatwick airport will have solved their luggage issues.

MissBax Sat 27-May-17 11:43:03

*"I'd rather my kids be used to be a bit wet than spending the day in front of a screen eating junk food.
so you lol, whilst I am wearing clean sport leggings (which irritates posters a lot apparently) and showing off my toned bum and abs"* - seriously? SERIOUSLY?!
Her kids are happy to play inside - how does that amount to spending the day infront of the telly eating junk food?!?! LOL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now