Talk

Advanced search

AIBU To expect some good manners from NDNs grown up DS?

(14 Posts)
winobaglady Fri 26-May-17 17:44:42

NDNs gone away for weekend, we get on great with them. They've left D's home alone with his gf.
Sunny day, windows open, his music blaring (some of that mofo gangsta stuff included).
Hear gf mention party. Now, I have No Issue with a party tonight and music until the sun comes up (yes! I remember raves) but AIBU in expecting him to tell me?
WIBU to complain if he doesn't pop round to let us know?
I don't think so, but DH is calling me a grouch.
We've no kids at home, just us, so no issue there.

scurryfunge Fri 26-May-17 17:48:25

How old is grown up? 18 years? No way will he consider neighbours.
Mid twenties, just maybe? grin

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Fri 26-May-17 17:48:52

Do his parents know he's going to have a party?

wisteriainbloom Fri 26-May-17 17:50:23

scurryfunge I completely agree. My 17 yo is the sweetest, kindest boy who would move a slug rather than tread on it.

Would it cross his mind that he is annoyibg neighbours with his music? Absolutely not.

winobaglady Sat 27-May-17 15:25:12

He's 19. His parents have an inkling.
I really don't mind, just would be nice to know so we can go out and treat selves to nice spa hotel for the night, or something.

neonrainbow Sat 27-May-17 15:25:46

He doesn't owe you anything.

innagazing Sat 27-May-17 15:54:22

Maybe the party isn't at their house? MAybe they're just going to one elsewhere?
Good luck..

HeyHoThereYouGo657 Sat 27-May-17 16:49:53

Why don't you treat yourselves to a nice spa hotel anyway ?

You have no DCs, its lovely weather and if I were you I'd be booking right now grin

HaudYerWheeshtBawbag Sat 27-May-17 16:52:55

Yabu, if it's a one off then no I don't think the son should tell you, if your not bothered, then why do you feel he needs to tell you.

This isn't manners, it's possibly being courteous.

ChaosTrulyReigns Sat 27-May-17 16:55:15

neonrainbow it's not about owing people stuff, it's just common consideration.

confused

HornyTortoise Sat 27-May-17 17:52:24

Depends whats meant by party really. If its a huge open facebook invite type affair thats going to have the house descended upon by huge amps and speakers designed to power a nightclub and people bringing their own kegs and stuff then yeah.

As a teen I would often say 'party' when it was just a few friends meeting up that night to get high.

WellErrr Sat 27-May-17 17:53:44

YABU and a bit creepy, eavesdropping on them.

winobaglady Mon 29-May-17 10:12:24

Lol at eavesdropping, I couldn't help but hear as they had to shout to each other to make themselves heard above their music.
As it was, they must've gone elsewhere. Past parties have been beer kegs on front lawn, around 50 people. So was just checking.

Voice0fReason Mon 29-May-17 11:13:05

He's under no obligation to tell you and you have no right to complain just because he didn't tell you.
If the party gets out of control or is too loud, then you have grounds to complain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now