Talk

Advanced search

To think the queen showed her caring side

(19 Posts)
stormywaters Fri 26-May-17 17:00:51

Visiting the victims of the MEN bomb attack, it must have meant a lot to the victims in hospital just to know that she cared. She must have gone up in a lot of people's estimation.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Fri 26-May-17 17:03:00

She does this kind of thing all the time though - visiting people. Not sure why anyone's opinion would change confused

NurseScorne Fri 26-May-17 17:03:13

I hate the royal family, but I was impressed

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Fri 26-May-17 17:03:42

and who knows if she cared or she was doing her duty?

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Fri 26-May-17 17:04:37

She often shows her caring side.

I don't blame her for mostly having a poker face, though. All eyes on you. Always.

Royals are pretty much born into captivity. Fuck that.

wowfudge Fri 26-May-17 17:05:01

She was there yesterday - she came across as genuinely concerned and well-informed. She can talk to anyone too. Mind you, she's had years of practice at that.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Fri 26-May-17 17:05:11

I wouldn't want to still be working in my 90s either

stormywaters Fri 26-May-17 17:05:59

I don't have much time for them either but i think she got it just right with this visit.

SunEgg Fri 26-May-17 17:06:19

You'd expect any sane human to show their caring side in these horrific circumstances.

MephistophelesApprentice Fri 26-May-17 17:06:33

She lost her cousin to a bomb, and has had to see her grandkids go to war. Her home took a direct bomb hit during the Bltiz.

She probably appreciates more than many what the families are going through.

NotHotDogMum Fri 26-May-17 17:09:14

I was impressed too. I thought she was lovely with the victims. The conversations were a little bit awks (like watching awkward teens trying to politely chat to an elderly relative) which made me smile

SaucyJack Fri 26-May-17 17:09:29

She was doing the decent, Queenly thing but I'm not sure why we should expect any less from the monarch.

I'm quite sure she cares about a terrorist attack against her subjects- why wouldn't she?

Asmoto Fri 26-May-17 17:10:33

I'm not a royalist, but I hope the Queen's visit brought some comfort to the injured families.

Rubyslippers7780 Fri 26-May-17 17:11:18

Really? You didn't hear the bit where she asked if they'd enjoyed the concert?
Why yes, until we got bombed!!
Also, what was she wearing? Was she on her way to an orange walk?? Not appropriate in my view.

Terfing Fri 26-May-17 17:13:38

In the pictures, the victims looked pleased she was there, which made me smile.

Machu Fri 26-May-17 17:14:08

I loved the fact she mentioned Ariana Grande to one of the teenagers - "She's a very good singer" - maybe not the most insightful comment, but an attempt to engage and show interest. I've seen the "Royal effect" first hand, and inexplicable though it may be to some of us, I'm sure her visit will have really raised everyone's spirits.

metspengler Fri 26-May-17 17:31:14

I think even standing up and walking around looks like it's pretty rough on Her Maj these days.

So I think she's a trooper for turning up where even the small morale boost of a royal visit might be welcome.

To Her Majesty wine

NorthernLurker Fri 26-May-17 17:32:32

I thought she was great and asking about the concert was actually really sensible. This was a big treat for those kids, one had it as a birthday present, one won the trip. Nobody else will ever ask them about it because of what happened as they left. Bad enough they've suffered terrible injuries and seen loved ones suffered but they also have lost the joy of saying where they'd been and what they did. It's a tiny part of it but that's what the Queen gave them yesterday, a chance to talk about the good and positive.

metspengler Fri 26-May-17 17:32:58

I've seen the "Royal effect" first hand

Yep, there's a magic to it. If I can perhaps cheer someone up a little just by being there when I'm that age, I hope I have the health and strength to travel there and do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now