Talk

Advanced search

To wish the "One last time" song wasn't being played so much on the radio

(11 Posts)
brexitstolemyfuture Fri 26-May-17 14:01:43

It keeps brining me to tears, it's a lovely song but one I don't think I will ever be able to play again. sadThe record company haven't said anything about a donation to charity so more copies sold might not even help Manchester.

MyStomachHurts Fri 26-May-17 14:58:03

I agree. Heartbreaking

Amanduh Fri 26-May-17 16:02:01

I understand the feeling behind it, and I wish they'd say something about the proceeds, but the lyrics don't sit right with me for a 'in memoriam' song either, it's awful, and so heartbreaking.

Runny Fri 26-May-17 17:06:35

There is a campaign to get it to number one and have it stay there for 22 weeks, which is probably why it's being played so much.

Someone on Facebook shared a clip of the audience at the arena singing along to this song on Monday night. The voices sounded so young, it brought tears to my eyes

Terfing Fri 26-May-17 17:12:10

I can imagine it will make Ariana feel even worse tbh. I can't see her ever performing it again after this. sad

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Fri 26-May-17 17:13:11

Is it an Ariana Grande song?

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Fri 26-May-17 17:14:17

Sorry just seen earlier posts. I haven't heard of it but the radio is only on while I'm waking up

CaulkheadUpNorf Fri 26-May-17 17:16:59

Ariana Grande has reportedly said she will pay for the funerals of those killed, so in a round about way if she makes money on the song being played so much then it will go to help the families.

Runny Fri 26-May-17 17:17:04

I don't think it was that big a hit when it was first released.

brexitstolemyfuture Fri 26-May-17 19:43:04

The video is even more heartbreaking, it features people hurt on the street side and in ambulances getting medical treatment and someone firing a gun.

I think it was pretty big when it first came out, but didn't sell a huge amount as was already on the album that had been out for a year and sold a shit load.

Hulababy Fri 26-May-17 19:48:13

Apparently she has said she will return to Manchester for an benefit concert.

She's still so young herself really, to deal with all the emotions this must be bringing up, thinking of her fans, those poor victims of the atrocity and herself too - she probably heard it all happen backstage too as she'd only just left the stage when it happened.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now