Talk

Advanced search

to not understand why people drive massive pick up trucks?!

(108 Posts)
PyongyangKipperbang Fri 26-May-17 09:14:56

There seems to have been a big increase in these recently, and I dont get why!

They are not filled with gardening/farming equipment and clearly used rurally, but immaculately clean with those "boxes" or whatever they are called creating a normal boot. So why bother? They are so wide that a lot of UK b roads are too narrow for them to pass another vehicle, they are no more useful or practical than other 4x4 cars and they are very expensive to buy and insure. There are now several on the school run and its bad enough around school at the best of times, without these behemoths taking up masses of space. You cant park next to one in bay parking as they are so wide and they are UGLY!

I have noticed that a certain type of man seems to drive them, flame me for making generalisations, and I am wondering if they are the new generation of Mid Life Crisis Car.

DXBMermaid Fri 26-May-17 09:18:42

According to my Mum because they have small dicks

Fairysnuff321 Fri 26-May-17 09:20:47

Says it all.

Georgieporgiepuddinandpie Fri 26-May-17 09:21:06

I know someone who has one

Coincidentally he does actually have a small dick

MyHairNeedsASnip Fri 26-May-17 09:22:11

They're fun to drive, DH got one as a company car. Pain in the arse to park though.

namechange20050 Fri 26-May-17 09:23:47

People I know have them because they have outdoors jobs.

AliceTown Fri 26-May-17 09:24:08

Why are we still being derogatory about penis size? No one would tolerate comments about a woman's vagina/vulva.

jollyjester Fri 26-May-17 09:25:33

You can claim the vat back on a lot of them which is why they are popular as company cars

IAmTheWorwax Fri 26-May-17 09:25:45

I've noticed a big increase too. Don't get them at all. Fair enough if you have the sort of lifestyle where you need to cart around big stuff but there are at least 5 houses that own them on my estate and they are all kept immaculately clean and I've never seen them use the massive end bit.

THEY are a pain in car parks too angry

PyongyangKipperbang Fri 26-May-17 09:27:00

Well I have to admit I did wonder if they are the new "Small Penis, Big Car" thing, having taken over from the over looooong cars!

MyHair did he choose it? Just seems such a silly impractical car for business and social use in the UK. Hoofing around a dead cow carcass from the ranch in Texas....ok. Hoofing around John and Jane from afterschool club......not so much!

QuackDuckQuack Fri 26-May-17 09:27:15

I think there may be a tax benefit to them. I'm not sure how it works though.

PyongyangKipperbang Fri 26-May-17 09:28:33

Ah Xpost....the VAT makes sense as to company car use.

HammerToFall Fri 26-May-17 09:29:23

They are classed as a van rather than a company car so you don't pay as much tax

CatchIt Fri 26-May-17 09:30:35

Here, have my first biscuit for being super judgemental.

I don't have one but my bil does. He's a plumber and has one so he can take his ds to work so my sister can have a bit of a break sometimes. I am not aware of his penis size, but I imagine that it's perfectly adequate.

hmm

MyHairNeedsASnip Fri 26-May-17 09:30:50

No pyong he inherited it when the big boss got a new one. He chose a Volvo when the lease ran out grin . The L200 was very useful when we collected our christmas tree though.

PyongyangKipperbang Fri 26-May-17 09:31:19

Then they should be reclassified, as Iam says above, these are not rural/farming/outdoor use vehicles but just used as a standard car and they are ridiculous.

GourmetGold Fri 26-May-17 09:32:09

They give me the creeps. This horrible thug neighbour has one and just makes me think 'serial killer' whenever I see one!

PyongyangKipperbang Fri 26-May-17 09:32:15

I dont eat biscuits, but thanks anyway smile

PyongyangKipperbang Fri 26-May-17 09:33:03

Thats a point, they are the perfect size to put a body in, hadnt thought of that! grin

Eve Fri 26-May-17 09:33:45

I have one, I love it..

but I have 2 horses, my children compete a lot , I have a massive trailer to tow , it has a really good tow weight capacity / ratio and means I am towing within the legal permitted weights ( which most ordinary cars towing caravans are not!!) , they are cheaper than a discovery and more reliable and the boot space to transport up to 4 saddles plus all the extra stuff is great ( even If I cant reach it and have have to send a child in to digit out)

peppatax Fri 26-May-17 09:36:23

Massive double standards this morning re my driving thread where people are getting their knickers in a twist at the interpretation of a post saying that 'non drivers' are inferior.

So on that basis....

So what if people choose a car you don't think is a good idea for whatever reason? If they're paying for MOT/fuel/insurance and not parking like a twat then who's business is it?

bibbitybobbityyhat Fri 26-May-17 09:36:35

Status symbol innit? Always is with cars.

As I pootle around the streets of my neighbourhood in my little Citroen I often find myself getting a cricked neck looking up and trying to catch the eye of women in Chelsea tractors taking their precious offspring to private prep school.

katronfon Fri 26-May-17 09:38:30

Weird judgements about what other random strangers do or don't use their cars for. Fair enough when talking about someone one knows well, and therefore one knows they never transport dogs/don't have horses/don't ever need to move large items/don't need to tow/don't carry a lot of work gear/etc, but a bit hmm about random neighbours and passers by.

Re genital size, I like the idea that i drive a huge 4x4 not because it lugs hay, dogs, kids etc around but because I have a lovely tight vagina grin . In fact that's made my morning!

katronfon Fri 26-May-17 09:41:47

Status symbol innit? Always is with cars.

This is a very weird judgement. Is this about jealousy?

Yes, undoubtedly it SOMETIMES is a status symbol, but ALWAYS? Really? This says more about the person who thinks it than anyone else...

Somanyillustrations Fri 26-May-17 09:42:06

Like Eve, I have one for towing the kids ponies around, fat more convenient than using a big lorry to go backwards and forwards to shows.

Loads of fun to drive, and can take hay out over the field in winter. Also keeps muddy, small dogs out of car.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now