Talk

Advanced search

Is there a more contentious issue than The Fridge in the Staffroom at Work?

(16 Posts)
mousseandhairspray Thu 25-May-17 19:09:41

Why is it so hard for grown adults to put their own lunch in, take their own lunch out and tidy up their mess?

I totally understand that things get knocked over, sometimes you don't make it for lunch or you forget. But why why why is there always festering fruit, a milk puddle and several half drunk cans of Diet Coke?

PlayOnWurtz Thu 25-May-17 19:10:34

The workplace microwave also is up there as a bone of contention

sonjadog Thu 25-May-17 19:11:44

There is only one more issue more contentious than the fridge where I work - parking outside the building. It´s not well marked and people park so that they take up two cars´worth, meaning that those who come later have to drive around the neighboring streets looking for a space...

mousseandhairspray Thu 25-May-17 19:11:47

True.

I am the person who gets fed up and ends up scrubbing the encrusted grime off. Grrrrr.

gunting Thu 25-May-17 19:13:36

Blurgh, this is a constant source of workplace tension where I work. People leaving half empty packets of mould ridden food and not covering things in the microwave angry

gunting Thu 25-May-17 19:14:02

And the lazy sods who leave dishes in the sink!

JaiOm Thu 25-May-17 19:16:05

Senior management using the milk but not paying into the milk fund

mousseandhairspray Thu 25-May-17 19:16:48

And people using half a carton of milk for cereal or porridge- eight times out of ten they also don't contribute to the milk fund!

expatinscotland Thu 25-May-17 19:21:45

And stealing. I have excellent cool bags/cool packs, containers, carafes, etc. from years of working in offices. So I could entirely avoid the fridge and microwave in the office. Ditto milk funds into which people who hadn't contributed invariably came and used.

CrohnicallyPregnant Thu 25-May-17 19:27:48

Oh bugger, I have a feeling I forgot to take my stuff out the fridge before I went on maternity leave. 2 months ago.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Thu 25-May-17 19:30:55

The staffroom microwave is much more contentious imo!

Our staffroom is essentially a cupboard and someone insists in heating sausage rolls and piesin the microwave, it stinks for hours and hours after! The fridge is no longer a problem as it died!

Spudlet Thu 25-May-17 19:32:47

The microwave must surely rank equally... rank being the operative word 🤢

Fiona1984 Thu 25-May-17 19:37:53

We don't have a milk fund at work. The management buy milk for us all to use, it gets distributed between all the departments' fridges, which is fine. But one of the departments is over protective of 'their' milk and woe betide anyone who dares to take a little of it when they've run out. It's quite amusing.

thenorthernluce Thu 25-May-17 19:38:30

My colleague who microwaves fish cakes and broccoli for lunch. In our open plan office where there are no doors into the kitchen area. Rank! And don't get me started on the food thefts. Grrrrrr!

Panda81 Thu 25-May-17 19:41:47

I think air conditioning is the biggest issue in our office. It gets very hot as it's a bit like a green house with lots of windows. But of course the people who are cold don't want to put an extra layer on so those of us that are sweltering and can't take any more layers off have to suffer.

Why does being cold trump being hot?!

mousseandhairspray Thu 25-May-17 19:43:15

Panda I am a naturally sweaty person and I really need fresh air, feel your pain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now