Talk

Advanced search

To ask how to report someone smoking weed?

(9 Posts)
GiraffeCat Thu 25-May-17 18:51:37

We've got some new neighbours, and we've noticed a smell of weed coming through the wall into our living room. I really hate the smell, and I have a 11 month old who I don't want to be inhaling the smell!

So how do I sort it and report it?

honeysucklejasmine Thu 25-May-17 18:52:25

Police non emergency.

SweetLuck Thu 25-May-17 18:53:19

Speak to them first? Say the smell is bothering you and ask if they could smoke outside?

Unless they're proper rough and you're scared of them of course, in which case I suppose you'd phone 101.

bloodymaria Thu 25-May-17 18:53:20

Go and speak to them.

pipsqueak25 Thu 25-May-17 18:53:56

council their land lord ? the police won't be interested though, is it possible you can talk to the neighbours first though and try to keep things friendly, they might not realise its a problem.

Empireoftheclouds Thu 25-May-17 18:54:52

Good luck trying to tell people what they can do in their own homes.

I feel your pain, I have a neighbor who sits his garden chair right by the fence at my kitchen window. He smokers weed too.

harderandharder2breathe Thu 25-May-17 19:16:03

If they rent then complain to their landlord

It's fine to say people can do what they want in their home but weed is still illegal and fucking stinks, why should you have to put up with the disgusting stench?

gamerwidow Thu 25-May-17 19:16:54

Talk the the neighbours first and then the landlord of they don't show more consideration. The police will not care its a non issue to them.

VelvetSpoon Thu 25-May-17 19:22:33

Unless they're operating a cannabis farm or dealing it on a large scale the police really will not be interested or take any action. It would be treated little differently to a complaint about them smoking tobacco tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now