Talk

Advanced search

Oh no!! I really can't be the one to point this out!

(42 Posts)
WankStainWasher Thu 25-May-17 17:15:51

I've just seen someone post their new menu on FB - they're so pleased with it and I'm happy to see young people making a success in a lovely new restaurant, but...(cringe)... the dessert menu is spelled....
DESERT shock AAAAARGH!!
WIBU to point this out?
Should I just sit on my hands?!
Oh, the horror!

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Thu 25-May-17 17:17:09

Maybe it's a summery play on words?

Blancmange with a little flag on top??

FetchezLaVache Thu 25-May-17 17:17:10

Send a private message - gives them a chance to put it right but without the public humiliation aspect.

WankStainWasher Thu 25-May-17 17:23:16

It's a blatant misspelling - like "Bob's Diner Deserts"

Fetchez good idea - I don't want to humiliate - I just feel bad if they paid to print off 100 of the things

Whatsername17 Thu 25-May-17 17:24:48

Private message them. Ask if the printer made a mistake

QueenMortificado Thu 25-May-17 17:25:06

Sounds a bit dry to me?

Wolfiefan Thu 25-May-17 17:25:21

Restaurant opened in Cheltenham called Cabbages and Condoms. True fact! shock

FetchezLaVache Thu 25-May-17 17:25:38

Ask if the printer made a mistake

Genius!!

muffinwaggon Thu 25-May-17 17:25:54

There's a cabbages and condoms near where I live too.

QueenMortificado Thu 25-May-17 17:28:50

A restaurant near me obviously took the word "priceless" as their inspiration, to mean so valuable that there's no true price on it

So they went for..... "tasteless". It stuck for a few months before they had the second half of the sign re made in a slightly different font so it was then called "tasteful". Still not what I imagine they wanted from a restaurant:

Andrewofgg Thu 25-May-17 17:29:41

What does Cabbages and Condoms serve and what sort of family planning do the owners use?

Just asking.

Andrewofgg Thu 25-May-17 17:32:00

ww.cheltenhambycc.co.uk/menu.php

Disappointing . . .

BendydickCuminsnatch Thu 25-May-17 17:32:48

Just Googled and Cabbages and Condoms are thai restaurants 'with a family planning theme'.... Not sure if the UK ones have such a theme, maybe PPs can confirm??? How bizarre! I can somehow imagine it though.

Wolfiefan Thu 25-May-17 17:34:59

How do you have a family planning theme? Do you sit at a table disguised as a diaphragm whilst the waiter serves you dressed as a giant cock?! shock
I daren't even think about the food!

Olddear Thu 25-May-17 17:38:48

Tell them your Sahara to do this, but you you really need to point out their spelling mistake.......

QueenMortificado Thu 25-May-17 17:38:51

Actually sounds like they do an awful lot of good

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2238323/Cabbages-Condoms-restaurant-UK-offer-family-planning-leaflets-meal.html#article-2238323

LoveMyLittleSuperhero Thu 25-May-17 17:40:41

^The origin of the name Cabbages & Condoms derives from the concept coined by our Chairman Mr. Mechai Viravaidya who said “you can go to any shop around Thailand and you will always find cabbages... condoms should be like cabbages which are ubiquitous and accessible to everyone.” And so the name Cabbages & Condoms (C&C) was conceived.

Mr. Mechai believed that condoms should not be seen as taboo but as a neccessity, which could save people’s lives from dangerous STIs including HIV/AIDS as well as unwanted pregnancy.

Cabbages & Condoms (C&C) was established on the backbone of an NGO called Population and Community Development Association (PDA) and operates as a “Business for Social Progress” where all of its profits support the Population and Community Development Association (PDA), one of Thailand’s largest NGOs with programmes including primary health, birth control, education, HIV/AIDS, environment, poverty eradication and water resource development.^

From their website. And they also work in conjunction with FreeDoms in the UK so you have access to free condoms in their restaurants. Seems like a pretty amazing idea!

WankStainWasher Thu 25-May-17 17:43:31

cabbages and condoms
Sounds like the answer to "What are your two least favourite foods?"

WankStainWasher Thu 25-May-17 17:45:18

I could understand if they were serving SANDwiches...but no

Andrewofgg Thu 25-May-17 17:49:53

WankStainWasher I wouldn't know, what do condoms taste like?

I agree about cabbages, complete crap.

WankStainWasher Thu 25-May-17 17:51:49

I wouldn't know, what do condoms taste like?

Like a rubber band (I'm guessing) blush

muffinwaggon Thu 25-May-17 17:53:20

I've never been there, the name always put me off.

TheWitTank Thu 25-May-17 17:58:02

I LOVE our local Cabbages & Condoms! The food is really good and if you read up on the reason behind the name, it supports a great cause. Also gets people talking so it's quite clever really!

topcat2014 Thu 25-May-17 17:59:22

Fellow Cheltenham resident here - I drive past on the way to work.
Haven't been in though.
The exterior sign doesn't show the full name.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Thu 25-May-17 18:00:39

Tell them before anyone else does. I would be dubious of anywhere that had typos in their signs or literature - I certainly wouldn't eat somewhere that couldn't be bothered to proofread their info

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now