Talk

Advanced search

to be worried about this noise?

(7 Posts)
chocolatemixedwithdogfood Thu 25-May-17 16:47:41

I will go to the GP, I just wondered if anyone had experience of this.

I'm 42, fairly active, JUST within healthy weight range for my height. Recently - past three months - I have noticed clicking sounds from joints when I get up (from my knees), when I turn my head (from my neck) and hips when I do yoga. Worried it's something horrible like arthritis! Has anyone else experience this?

My knees click, crunch and grind all the time, wear and tear on the joints and all that. All the doctor will say is anti inflammatorys and it's part and parcel of getting old. Unless it gets really painful I think a GP visit will be a total waste of everyones time.

Wolfiefan Thu 25-May-17 16:50:03

My joints click. No pain. It's not arthritis. Isn't it something to do with a build up of bubbles being released?

ChildishGambino Thu 25-May-17 17:01:47

Isn't it just he noise of ligaments moving? Google it? If it doesn't hurt I wouldn't see anyone about it.

chocolatemixedwithdogfood Thu 25-May-17 17:09:44

Yeah I did google but couldn't find much. I don't know, I guess it might just be wear and tear, it just came on quite suddenly. It definitely doesn't hurt.

DonaldJBottyburp Thu 25-May-17 17:12:37

People click for all sorts of reasons. Sometimes people click when there is nothing wrong.

If you try to generally improve the health of your joints, muscles etc through nutrition and appropriately gentle exercise it may calm down, but it might not.

Either way you will be better off, so I'd do it anyway!

QueenMortificado Thu 25-May-17 17:13:59

Mine do this, my physio (that I was seeing for something else) said it's crepitus (I think that's the word). And is basically air in the joints - apparently if it doesn't hurt then nothing to worry about

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now