Talk

Advanced search

To expect a Dyson V6 animal to cope with long haired cats?!

(5 Posts)
Toddlerteaplease Thu 25-May-17 13:01:57

Bought the above 18 months ago and was fine at first then stopped working. New brush head sent, problem solved for a while. Problem reoccurred so new bin sent. Made it worse. So Dyson sent an engineer out to look at it. Turns out the rush bar is too small to cope with long cat hair without getting tangled. Apparently it's only the small brush head that is for animals. Decided to upgrade to a bigger brush bar model as the problem will just reoccur. Have had very good customer service from Dyson. But FFS it's aimed at people with pets.

MiaowTheCat Thu 25-May-17 13:07:40

Not had many problems with ours (the non animal version) and we've got a dog that's part German Shepherd and Border Collie (so pretty shaggy and good at shedding).

It very very much has to be little and very often though - the second you let it build up you're fooked.

OneFlewOverTheDodosNest Thu 25-May-17 13:09:52

We've got a Henry with a pet hair attachment - not for the cats, for my hair that seems to get everywhere.

I have 4 Maine Coons and killed a Dyson in under a year

My last Miele lasted 8 and only died because DH kept knocking it down the stairs so the power button eventually gave up.

We bought another Miele grin

Toddlerteaplease Thu 25-May-17 13:39:28

I take it apart regularly to de tangle it. Apparently it's only the small brush head that is marketed for pets. I love it but feel they should make it more clear when you buy it that the standard brush head won't cope with long hair. The new o e is huge and should be ok. But it's annoying!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now