Talk

Advanced search

to wish the busker outside my window would FUCK OFF!

(70 Posts)
jamrock Thu 25-May-17 12:22:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Thu 25-May-17 12:25:11

Buy a piccolo, siddle up beside him and insist on 50%?
Sorry no help - the smashing of the guitar could be a back up plan. .

ImperialBlether Thu 25-May-17 12:26:24

So he has a licence to do this? Surely that's only given on the proviso that he behaves himself and doesn't make a nuisance of himself?

If he's being abusive, the police should move him on. It's ridiculous that they're saying it's nothing to do with them.

Smeaton Thu 25-May-17 12:29:15

Super soaker filled with washing up liquid and cold tea.
Have fun and take it in turns to soak him.

PizzaPower Thu 25-May-17 12:38:24

Can you fight fire with fire? Open window and a loud radio non full blast?

SleightOfHand Thu 25-May-17 12:39:47

How awful. Are people actually giving him money?

caz323 Thu 25-May-17 12:40:21

Bourgeois bitch?? Wow, what a charmer! Get someone else to smash guitar over his head? Reputation intact.

ToastDemon Thu 25-May-17 12:42:27

I hate buskers with amps. It's noise pollution pure and simple.
A few of them arrogantly refused to turn their noise down which was interfering with the services at Bath Cathedrel.
Tossers.

NellieFiveBellies Thu 25-May-17 12:46:46

surely it is the police's job if he is being aggressive to people?
maybe if everyone keeps complaining every day they will do something?

either that or get every premises on the street to blast out loud music the second he sets up.

short term hell for long term gain [only half joking emoticon]

jamrock Thu 25-May-17 12:53:11

NellieFiveBellies Thu 25-May-17 12:56:23

they wont even discuss him hurling abuse at people?
could you make a complaint about their handling of it and refusal to deal with an aggressive man?

Andrewofgg Thu 25-May-17 13:03:30

Busking should be forbidden and the equipment confiscated. I don't ask you to listen to my choice of music; don't try to make money inflicting yours on me.

And ICE systems should have built in volume controls to keep the sound within the car and should switch off automatically if the door or window opens.

GeorgiePeachie Thu 25-May-17 13:04:06

ARE YOU IN EXMOUTH MARKET?

jamrock Thu 25-May-17 13:04:53

TheExuberant1 Thu 25-May-17 13:06:10

He told me to 'Go F**K yourself you bourgeois bitch" How funny!

LadySalmakia Thu 25-May-17 13:07:56

Could you try and drive him out with pigeons? Buy a loaf of bread and keep the area directly around him scattered with it so they keep bugging him?

Bashfulinseduary Thu 25-May-17 13:13:33

Hang on, you've made 59 reports of child sexual exploitation but your first complaint about your local police is that they won't move an aggressive busker?

DJBaggySmalls Thu 25-May-17 13:18:12

Well that escalated quickly.

CherryMintVanilla Thu 25-May-17 13:24:47

Hang on, you've made 59 reports of child sexual exploitation but your first complaint about your local police is that they won't move an aggressive busker?

Her thread is about an aggressive busker. People don't have to include their whole lives in each thread.

Lostwithinthehills Thu 25-May-17 13:28:12

59 different suspects or the same suspect 59 times?

That's a major derail to your own thread!

With regard to the busker telephone environmental health every day, or even twice a day until you annoy them as much as he is annoying you. They might then take action to get rid of you.

muffinbluffer Thu 25-May-17 13:36:00

* Police shall assist with any problems related to anti-social behaviour or crime and disorder issues from any buskers/beggars, but have no powers to move an individual for busking alone.

Section 5 of the Public Disorder Act 1986 would make a person guilty of an offense if they were to: a) Use threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, or b) Displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening, abusive or insulting Within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress thereby.*

Calling you a bourgeois bitch should count.

I don't know where you are but this is from Dorset police guidelines so maybe similar where you are:

2.1. We actively discourage the use of a PA or other amplified systems associated with a performance. Where such systems are used they must comply with Health and Safety requirements to include PAT testing. 2.2. Noise from any street performance should not be greater than reasonable background noise when heard from more than 30 metres (horizontal or vertical) from where the performance is taking place. 2.3. The volume must be turned down immediately if requested by a council or police officer

Probably worth demanding a copy of the local busking guidelines then filming him.

However, I must say, I too am more concerned about the children

jamrock Thu 25-May-17 14:03:45

jamrock Thu 25-May-17 14:04:21

fannydaggerz Thu 25-May-17 14:05:28

Waterballoon out the window repeatedly

helpimitchy Thu 25-May-17 14:19:46

Wagner, on full blast out of the window.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now