Talk

Advanced search

to expect a reply to my email within 10 days?

(7 Posts)
Leilaniii Thu 25-May-17 11:18:42

I am just about to lose my rag but wanted to check if I was BU before I did anything.

I have engaged a firm to make a prototype for my business. If I like it then they will also manufacture all of our stock based on this prototype. The sales person at the firm was very responsive and I got a good impression of the company. I paid a lot of money for them to make the prototype and he immediately passed me onto the person who would be making it. She emailed me with a suggestion of how to make it better and said she would send me some information about this. I replied back and told her I was looking forward to getting the information.

That was 10 days ago. Since then, I have emailed her - nothing. No response. I called the sales guy and he apologized and said he would get her to contact me. Still nothing.

AIBU to be pissed off? I have given them a lot of money and going forward they could make a lot of money from us if they make all our stock. The very least she could do would be to send the info or give me an update. Something. Anything.

I want to send her this email:

"Dear ___, I am not good at dealing with flaky people and your lack of professionalism does not bode well for the future. I therefore think it's in everyone's best interests that you return my money immediately and I engage another firm to make my product. Thank you, Leilaniii".

AIBU?

LurkingHusband Thu 25-May-17 11:25:18

No.

unfortunateevents Thu 25-May-17 11:28:00

YANBU but do not send that email. It doesn't make you sound very professional either. I would go back to sales guy and tell him that if you have not had communication from her by end of play tomorrow with the promised information (and a timeline?) then you will be requesting your money back and taking the manufacturing elsewhere.

Sonders Thu 25-May-17 11:51:36

YANBU to want to end the professional relationship but your email sounds a bit childish. unfortunate's suggestion is better.

I'd probably call the sales person you had a good relationship with and have a frank discussion, saying you feel really let down as you thought you were on the same page and excited about the project.

sonjadog Thu 25-May-17 11:53:39

Follow it up but don't send that email. It's really unprofessional.

LurkingHusband Thu 25-May-17 11:54:35

I was just addressing the AIBU about expecting a reply.

I've recently had a couple of ignored emails explained as "being lost" when I had to chase up by phone which seems to be a new thing hmm.

RedheadLover Thu 25-May-17 21:18:01

Definitely don't send that email!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now