Talk

Advanced search

Husband's roving eye...

(4 Posts)
user1483390742 Wed 24-May-17 23:28:48

My cousin and i are good friends and go out socially 1-2 times each month ( we are 40's, both married with kids).
In the past year, she has made a new friend who i know my husband fancies! She is a younger, prettier and cooler single version of me ( same hair style and colour, same dress sense) and although she is lovely, i hate seeing her!
I have seen my husband eyeing her up when we all meet as a group, and i am increasingly making excuses to my cousin as to why we can't come out!!
I trust him completely, but hate the way i feel when he sees her. I have not told him or my cousin how i feel... wwyd??

HildaOg Wed 24-May-17 23:42:35

Don't meet up with your cousin and her friend with your husband around. Tell your husband to stop slobbering after the friend, it's embarrassing and hurtful.

Rainbunny Wed 24-May-17 23:55:29

I can imagine how awful that must feel, poor you OP sad

I don't consider myself to be a jealous person but I was surprised at how secretly bothered I was when my DH casually mentioned an actress he thought was beautiful. Mostly because the actress is is tall, gorgeous and Indian whilst I am short, pasty white Irish with mousey hair underneath my expensive blond hair habit... I also know he fancies Angelina Jolie but that strangely doesn't bother me in the slightest. I know it's not the same as your DH finding a person in RL attractive of course but I do really sympathise.

Fernanie Thu 25-May-17 00:14:02

Does he just give her the odd look, OP, or is he actively trying to get close to her, flirting with her etc? I don't think you can help who you feel attracted to, it's what you do with those feelings that counts. There must have been the occasional guy in your friendship group who's stood out to you or made you feel a bit hot and bothered? But if you trust him, as you say, then you've nothing to worry about, I'm sure it will pass! Age, prettiness and coolness aren't the only differences between the two of you; I bet there are plenty of traits your DH loves about you that she doesn't have.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now