Talk

Advanced search

To want to keep my cast and crutches...?

(7 Posts)
Bittornhelp Wed 24-May-17 19:50:22

Been getting to grips with the commute in cast and crutches for the last few days, and fuck me people are nice. And London people too!

I've lost count of the number of people who have offered to help me - maybe fifty odd in just a couple of days...? Countless more who do the whole smile and nod thing just because they clock the crutches. More so now than ever, it does help restore your faith in humanity...

Such a shame in a way that you only get to see this side of people when you're injured - life would be truly wonderful if we were all this nice to each other all the time...

luckylucky24 Wed 24-May-17 19:51:55

You can buy crutches off ebay! Might be worth the investment ;)

Polarbearflavour Wed 24-May-17 20:01:01

Get a Please Offer Me a Seat badge!

ChildishGambino Wed 24-May-17 20:02:19

Ew I thought you wanted to actually keep your cast once it was removed shudder

BeyondThePage Wed 24-May-17 20:04:13

DD is finding the world a nice place too - she has a knee brace on and crutches and says people smile more.

Popskipiekin Wed 24-May-17 20:10:19

You must live in a nicer part of london than me - a couple of years ago heavily pregnant and on crutches and nobody gave a second glance!
Hope you don't have cast on for too much longer - but obviously enjoy it whilst it lasts! and get a tubigrip for when the cast comes off

incinemasnow Wed 24-May-17 21:08:16

I noticed how much nicer people are when they see you're on crutches. I broke my leg a few years ago so was at home much more during the day. My neighbours were really lovely checking up that I was ok while dh was out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now