Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To ask for your tips on conferences in the Hague?

(4 Posts)
hellokittymania Wed 24-May-17 18:52:58

Were you able to access Wi-Fi and a printer question Was it free, or did you have to pay? Is it worth getting one of those portable pocket Wi-Fi devices to take with me? I have an iPad. I know nothing about those devices, but I will definitely need working Wi-Fi .

What was usually served for lunch?

Are there any things that I should keep in mind when networking? I will be in totally unfamiliar territory so don't know what to expect. Do people like Smalltalk?

Do I have enough time to fly to Amsterdam and get to the Hague if I leave very early on the first day of the conference? I haven't checked flights but have taken 4 AM flight to get to places.

Is Holland strict about taking pictures or videos during presentations? Some places aren't, some places are.

TheSnorkMaidenReturns Wed 24-May-17 18:57:13

I think it probably depends where your conference is.

You can check journey times between Schiphol & Den Haag at the NS website here.

hellokittymania Wed 24-May-17 19:03:25

Thank you, do you know of any ddutch language apps that don't rely on Wi-Fi? A dictionary or a useful phrases app?

And does anybody know of a good cafés to sit and work? Places where you don't have to eat drink and leave within 15 minutes?

scaryteacher Wed 24-May-17 19:07:08

I think you'll find a good standard of English in the NL.

Alsjeblieft is please. Dank U Wel is thank you.

www.tripsavvy.com/please-and-thank-you-in-dutch-1456275 has some tips.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now