Talk

Advanced search

To ask for your tips on conferences in the Hague?

(4 Posts)
hellokittymania Wed 24-May-17 18:52:58

Were you able to access Wi-Fi and a printer question Was it free, or did you have to pay? Is it worth getting one of those portable pocket Wi-Fi devices to take with me? I have an iPad. I know nothing about those devices, but I will definitely need working Wi-Fi .

What was usually served for lunch?

Are there any things that I should keep in mind when networking? I will be in totally unfamiliar territory so don't know what to expect. Do people like Smalltalk?

Do I have enough time to fly to Amsterdam and get to the Hague if I leave very early on the first day of the conference? I haven't checked flights but have taken 4 AM flight to get to places.

Is Holland strict about taking pictures or videos during presentations? Some places aren't, some places are.

TheSnorkMaidenReturns Wed 24-May-17 18:57:13

I think it probably depends where your conference is.

You can check journey times between Schiphol & Den Haag at the NS website here.

hellokittymania Wed 24-May-17 19:03:25

Thank you, do you know of any ddutch language apps that don't rely on Wi-Fi? A dictionary or a useful phrases app?

And does anybody know of a good cafés to sit and work? Places where you don't have to eat drink and leave within 15 minutes?

scaryteacher Wed 24-May-17 19:07:08

I think you'll find a good standard of English in the NL.

Alsjeblieft is please. Dank U Wel is thank you.

www.tripsavvy.com/please-and-thank-you-in-dutch-1456275 has some tips.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: