Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be extremely pissed off at this family 'friend' and her MLM?

(43 Posts)
punkpuffin Wed 24-May-17 16:29:06

I'm so angry at a message I just received but my pregnancy hormones could be affecting my judgment.
Quick background, I'm 22 weeks pregnant and have slipped a disk meaning I'm on bed rest until my baby can be delivered by c section at 34 weeks. On top of that I have a 3 yo and 15 mo and my husband works long hours as a chef so is out of the house day time and evening. Family memevers have dropped Every thing to look after my children as I can't do anything off them or be left alone with them as I can't pick them up etc. This has been going on for 4 weeks now and it's obviously bringing me down as I can't look after my children and I'm wishing my pregnancy away because I want to get better (I will have my back operated on as soon as the baby is born and i should be back to normal after 4 ish weeks).
Any way today I received a message from a family friend who does Forever living. She hasn't contacted me since this whole thing started. The message says "Hi I hope you are feeling better. If you are bored I could come and do my forever buisness presentation for you".
That was it, AIBU to what to scream? I haven't replied as I don't want to get into an argument.

treaclesoda Wed 24-May-17 16:30:46

How bored would anyone have to be that they would want someone to come round and do their Forever Living crap? hmm

Probably best to ignore it I suppose, but I can see why you are angry, I would be too.

StandardNameHere Wed 24-May-17 16:32:35

Reply saying that you could never be THAT bored

FluffyWhiteTowels Wed 24-May-17 16:36:02

What is forever living ?

Is it living until you die ?

Am confused

MrsPringles Wed 24-May-17 16:36:44

Tell her to poke it. I agree, nobody can ever be that bored surely shock

CormorantDevouringTime Wed 24-May-17 16:37:10

That's hilarious - I'd be too amused by her chutzpah to be cross, but I would respond, "no thanks, but if I'm ever that bored I'll let you know"

Here's hoping the next 12 weeks pass quickly.

WiddlinDiddling Wed 24-May-17 16:39:01

"You could.. and then I could stick all your promotional material up your arse, and then stab you in the eyes with a rusty fork.... "

FluffyWhiteTowels Wed 24-May-17 16:40:05

Or say I'll read the promotional stuff you take the children out for the day

fluffandsnuff Wed 24-May-17 16:40:55

How about, come and see me anyway, not interested in forever living tbh but would love to see you (although you'll have to put the kettle on)!

I have MLM friends and got sucked in for four weeks of madness myself. If you can separate the friend from the bot, great- but I've found you have to be very direct in saying no thanks!

Pumperthepumper Wed 24-May-17 16:41:25

Could she maybe be joking though?

ToddlerIs2 Wed 24-May-17 16:42:08

At least ages not saying her FL crap will cure you! Do what fluffytowels said

fluffandsnuff Wed 24-May-17 16:42:49

That bored comment is bloody cheeky though

Greyponcho Wed 24-May-17 16:43:41

Or say I'll read the promotional stuff you take the children out for the day

^^this grin

AnotherQuoll Wed 24-May-17 16:48:19

I would've definitely taken that 'offer' to do a presentation as a joke. Are you certain she's not just kidding around?

innurendo Wed 24-May-17 16:53:46

Respond with "why, have your thumbscrews broken?"

FishInAWetSuitAndFlippers Wed 24-May-17 16:54:25

These people are horrible.

When I was pregnant a few years back a neighbour was asking about my son and daughter who had died.

She then went on to try and sell me some of her forever living crap so the child I was carrying would be healthy.

I was beyond furious.

pictish Wed 24-May-17 16:54:38

"Thanks but no thanks."

Italiangreyhound Wed 24-May-17 16:58:51

People who have their own business get a bit obsessed. It sounds like you need to just say kindly "No thank you."

FishInAWetSuitAndFlippers how absolutely appalling. sad

FrenchMartiniTime Wed 24-May-17 16:59:12

Tell her to sod off and if she wants to be helpful she can come over to Hoover the living room and make you a cup of tea!

Some people are unreal.

BorisTrumpsHair Wed 24-May-17 17:03:15

People who have their own business get a bit obsessed
grin at though or Forever Living and MLM cons being someones "own business"

Ollivander84 Wed 24-May-17 17:05:07

I've just had spinal surgery 2 weeks ago and I think I would rather watch paint dry than have that as entertainment grin
I might be bored but my brain is intact

Arkhamasylum Wed 24-May-17 17:14:00

I'd be really tempted to say that it was so lovely to hear from her and if she could spare you any time to do (any chore) you would appreciate it. Tell her the Forever Living joke was so funny it set off your bad back angry

Fishinawetsuitandflippers - that is the most crass and insensitive thing I've ever heard. flowers

BitOutOfPractice Wed 24-May-17 17:17:24

You could reply "no thanks but if you're that bored you could come round and give me a hand like a real friend"

TinselTwins Wed 24-May-17 17:17:26

I thought aloe vera was dangerous in pregnancy anyway?

Fishinawetsuit, so angry for you! OMG! I can't even….

wickerlampshade Wed 24-May-17 17:56:14

I'd be inclined to reply " thanks for cheering me up -best laugh I've had in ages imagining that id be bored enough to want to listen to that!"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now