Talk

Advanced search

Interview Opinions/Advise

(4 Posts)
Nerves2017 Wed 24-May-17 13:53:16

I have a job interview on Friday for a part time TA role in a school.

I have been asked to plan a 10 minute activity to do with 2 children to promote their literacy skills.

Can I ask what you think of my activity?

I have made a game for the children to play. I have laminated a bunch of key words for the year group and have hand shaped fly swatters.

The words will be spread out on the table and I will call out a word. The children need to read and find the word and use their fly swatter to identify it. First to hit gets a point. After doing that for a few minutes I'm going do the same but in order for them to get the point in this round, they have to use the word they've splatted in a sentence. I might even dictate which tense to use e.g. use the word in a sentence in the past tense.

What do you think? Is it appropriate? Is it promoting literacy?

Thanks in advance smile

Nerves2017 Wed 24-May-17 14:26:34

Shamefully bumping blush

disappointed101 Wed 24-May-17 15:00:05

I would keep it simple to be honest. What year group is it? I work in year 2 and some of my lower ability children are still not secure with past tense.
10 minutes will go very quickly.

Nerves2017 Wed 24-May-17 15:31:13

Thank you for replying! Year 3/4, the forming sentences and using tenses is just an idea, incase they find the game to simple.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now