Talk

Advanced search

To have bloody well had it with "network marketers" now and think it needs regulating? (MLM-ers exploiting the recent tragedy in Manchester for their own gain)

(12 Posts)
Beeswax2017 Wed 24-May-17 11:19:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ChampagneCommunist Wed 24-May-17 11:21:25

There is no depth to which these MLM's won't sink. Presumably they are all issued with a standard post to put out.

Did you pull the poster up on it?

blackcatlover Wed 24-May-17 11:22:23

Are people really that stupid? I feel that evolution is going in reverse sometimes to the benefit of those who exploit the thick and guillible shock

Pinkheart5917 Wed 24-May-17 11:25:26

Whoever is posting this shit trying to make money from mud masks in the wake of such a tragedy, really are a special breed and should be ashamed of themselves.

ShatnersWig Wed 24-May-17 11:25:33

I would not remain friends with anyone who posted shit like that on FB. And I would absolutely comment publicly about what I thought about them before defriending them.

Beeswax2017 Wed 24-May-17 11:27:30

Beeswax2017 Wed 24-May-17 11:29:42

TathitiPete Wed 24-May-17 11:31:26

I hope this is relevant, its not related to the Manchester bombing, just MLM hawkers. I am part of a Facebook support group for people with a certain illness (and their families - my DS has it). A young lady from the group sells Forever Living products. Not within the support group, we are also (Facebook) friends outside of the group.

She sometimes advertises her products with a spiel of 'this product really helps my condition'. It doesn't sit right with me personally. It's a bit too like these witchdoctors/faith healers who try to sell you a potion that will cure any and all illnesses (we've been targeted by one of those too!)

Freshprincess Wed 24-May-17 11:37:55

Post a selfie with the product is surely the very opposite of showing respect. a friend has just got sucked into the aloe nonsense. Everyday she's empowering herself running her own business from the beach/playground.
I loathe all that 'post the color of your knickers to raise awareness of whatever' bollocks on Facebook.

CaoNiMartacus Wed 24-May-17 11:39:18

That is just astonishingly crass. A selfie in a MLM mud-mask...

NeverTwerkNaked Wed 24-May-17 11:40:32

Yanbu. Timeless vie shared some examples of this and I was horrified. Disgusting to exploit a tragedy in this way.

TrueColors Wed 24-May-17 11:57:18

Ugh that is disgusting. I've always hated MLMs and now I do even more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now