Talk

Advanced search

To have bloody well had it with "network marketers" now and think it needs regulating? (MLM-ers exploiting the recent tragedy in Manchester for their own gain)

(12 Posts)
LivinLaVidaLoki Wed 24-May-17 11:19:22

I have a few friends who have been suckered into the many variations of this, and for the most part they are harmless though annoying. I have challenged and even blocked a few who have gone on about how their pills/shakes/aloes/whatevers can cure various illness and disease but this is just too far?
Surely it is time for some kind of regulation of this faux industry (sorry, pyramid scheme)?

ChampagneCommunist Wed 24-May-17 11:21:25

There is no depth to which these MLM's won't sink. Presumably they are all issued with a standard post to put out.

Did you pull the poster up on it?

blackcatlover Wed 24-May-17 11:22:23

Are people really that stupid? I feel that evolution is going in reverse sometimes to the benefit of those who exploit the thick and guillible shock

Pinkheart5917 Wed 24-May-17 11:25:26

Whoever is posting this shit trying to make money from mud masks in the wake of such a tragedy, really are a special breed and should be ashamed of themselves.

ShatnersWig Wed 24-May-17 11:25:33

I would not remain friends with anyone who posted shit like that on FB. And I would absolutely comment publicly about what I thought about them before defriending them.

LivinLaVidaLoki Wed 24-May-17 11:27:30

I commented and challenged them but they just deleted it. Its a friend of as friend, it came up because this friend had commented on it (she had also challenged it and has now been deleted).

LivinLaVidaLoki Wed 24-May-17 11:29:42

I meant her challenge has been deleted, not the post.

TathitiPete Wed 24-May-17 11:31:26

I hope this is relevant, its not related to the Manchester bombing, just MLM hawkers. I am part of a Facebook support group for people with a certain illness (and their families - my DS has it). A young lady from the group sells Forever Living products. Not within the support group, we are also (Facebook) friends outside of the group.

She sometimes advertises her products with a spiel of 'this product really helps my condition'. It doesn't sit right with me personally. It's a bit too like these witchdoctors/faith healers who try to sell you a potion that will cure any and all illnesses (we've been targeted by one of those too!)

Freshprincess Wed 24-May-17 11:37:55

Post a selfie with the product is surely the very opposite of showing respect. a friend has just got sucked into the aloe nonsense. Everyday she's empowering herself running her own business from the beach/playground.
I loathe all that 'post the color of your knickers to raise awareness of whatever' bollocks on Facebook.

CaoNiMartacus Wed 24-May-17 11:39:18

That is just astonishingly crass. A selfie in a MLM mud-mask...

NeverTwerkNaked Wed 24-May-17 11:40:32

Yanbu. Timeless vie shared some examples of this and I was horrified. Disgusting to exploit a tragedy in this way.

TrueColors Wed 24-May-17 11:57:18

Ugh that is disgusting. I've always hated MLMs and now I do even more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now