Talk

Advanced search

To ask about mortgages and bankruptcy

(8 Posts)
Advicerequiredthx Tue 23-May-17 21:54:27

Name changed as potential outing, long time member etc etc...

Anyone else got a mortgage post bankruptcy? I am 7 years past bankruptcy so now nothing on my credit report at all. I want to go with a lender that only asks if you've been bankrupt in the last 6 years rather than have you EVER been bankrupt. Reason being is that i would obviously declare it if it says have you EVER but the lenders that only ask about the last 6 years would be easier as then I would only be assessed on my current situation rather than historical issues. Thanks in advance.

Advicerequiredthx Tue 23-May-17 21:59:07

Sorry to be clear can anyone name any lenders that they know only ask about the last 6 years or give me some advice based on your personal experiences? Thanks

Palomb Tue 23-May-17 21:59:58

Yes, I have but I was 11 years post discharge. We hired a broker and he got us a really good deal. Some lenders won't consider you at all so it's worth having someone who knows the business to guide you.

You will have to declare it. If you don't you'll have the mortgage pulled, no doubt on the day of exchange or something awful. I'm not sure there are any lenders who only ask 6 years, are there?

sparechange Tue 23-May-17 22:00:11

Have you spoken to a broker?

London and Country have an adverse credit team who might be able to help?

Advicerequiredthx Tue 23-May-17 22:02:30

Yes got a broker on it but just wanted to get educated in case we decide to go it alone.

Nationwide and Halifax only ask about the last 6 years so I'm told but my credit score is quite low so this may be an issue with them so hoping for some other recommendations.

Advicerequiredthx Wed 24-May-17 07:24:37

Bump

CeCeBloomer Wed 24-May-17 07:41:31

Speak to a broker

CeCeBloomer Wed 24-May-17 07:41:59

Sorry just seen you are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now