Talk

Advanced search

Throat Ulcer

(8 Posts)
LuckyAmy1986 Tue 23-May-17 20:07:00

I have had a cough/cold/sore throat for around a month, feeling much better but throat still sore and now I have a couple of ulcers in my throat. I presume they will go on there own but I googled (I know!) and it says to see a GP. WIBU to go or would this be a waste of GP time? TIA

PavlovianLunge Tue 23-May-17 20:18:32

I'd go and see a GP or a pharmacist (our GP has a drop-in service every morning, but I know some people struggle to get seen) - okay, they might go of their own accord, but you're in pain/discomfort, so you're not wasting anyone's time.

jajabonks Tue 23-May-17 20:20:05

Need to get checked as could be a Quincy- and if not sorted quick with antibiotics you need to get it drained in hospital.

haventkilledtheorchidyet Tue 23-May-17 20:21:11

I'd go as well. My husband had a thing called a quinsy which required emergency medical treatment in the hospital!!

LuckyAmy1986 Tue 23-May-17 20:22:38

Thanks, it just looks like an ulcer you might have on your lip or something but I can feel it when I swallow. I think I will go to the walk in tomorrow, I just didn't know if I would be seen as dramatic. Also in my first post I meant their own not there - tired!!

LuckyAmy1986 Tue 23-May-17 20:23:03

I have never heard of this quincy, it doesn't sound good!!

jajabonks Tue 23-May-17 21:12:59

Honestly get it checked, I had it and saw a spot on throat, thought it was tonsillitis but doc was like no take these antibiotics and if doesn't start to feel better within 24hrs need to get to a and e! That worried me as he isn't normally a doc that want to give you anything more than a paracetamol even if your leg was hanging off!
Hopefully it is just an ulcer x

BetterEatCheese Tue 23-May-17 21:17:50

Yes definitely get checked out. My mum had a Quincy and she came into my room with 'call an ambulance' on a post it note and had to be rushed in to get it drained. Scary! Hopefully yours isn't, not worth the risk though

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: