Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Nappy Question .. sorry poo related!

(4 Posts)
gooseygander88 Tue 23-May-17 19:08:16

Sorry posting here for traffic..

Need some advice - well some reassurance really!

DS is 8 months old drinks 4 bottles a day and has 2 good size meals breakfast and lunch and a light tea. However is it normal to have a poo .. quite large amounts after nearly every meal?? Today alone we've had 5! Its been this case for a good few weeks now.. however he's eating fine, generally fine however has been/is teething. The poo consistency varies from mushy to sometimes more water ..and we've had many explosions (resulting to even changing nappy brand to try save some clothing/car seats you name it)! Like I say he seems fine in himself...
cheers!

FloatyCat Tue 23-May-17 19:30:20

From experience poos did tend to firm up when they went on solids, more like an 'adult' consistency of poop, but smaller.
They probably did a couple a day though.

silkpyjamasallday Tue 23-May-17 19:36:38

I think all babies vary and the range of normal is quite large. My DD is 8 months, she is bf and has one meal a day and a few snacks but we haven't had a proper poo for a few days now, but before weaning she would go 3 or 4 days without pooing. Unless he seems not himself it's probably just his digestive system getting used to solids and I wouldn't worry.

gooseygander88 Tue 23-May-17 19:39:59

Thank you both for the replies. I know all babies and children are different and it reassures me that no one else is alarmed! Like I say he seems fine in himself and will always drink water so not worried about dehydration etc. I guess they've only got small tummies too I say still reassuring myself that hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now