Talk

Advanced search

To not tell the midwife

(17 Posts)
WeasleyWoman Tue 23-May-17 16:43:28

I am pregnant and today I have started bleeding. Its heavy enough to need a pad. But I can only be about 3-6weeks pregnant, haven't even told the doctors and done the midwife referral yet. Am I right in thinking there is nothing to do but wait and see? Would taking a day off work to put my feet up and feel sad help? When should I take another test?

muffinwaggon Tue 23-May-17 16:45:11

I would probably do another test/ring Doctors for advice at least.

Is it just the one pad that's been needed? Or have you had to change throughout the day? Spotting is normal but it shouldn't be really heavy.

Good luck and I hope everything is okay.

BertieBotts Tue 23-May-17 16:46:33

You should call your local hospital's early pregnancy unit. You'll need a scan to check that this isn't an ectopic pregnancy. Sorry.

Fruitcorner123 Tue 23-May-17 16:48:13

Yes call the epu (early pregnancy unit). Sorry to hear about this op hope it's nothing.

Littlebelina Tue 23-May-17 16:51:48

My ectopic started with bleeding. Worth a call to your gp or epu to get your bloods done 48hrs apart to check your hcg levels.

acquiescence Tue 23-May-17 16:52:26

In our city you need your gp to refer you to the epu. See your gp or request a telephone call.

TheGrandHighWitch Tue 23-May-17 16:55:44

I bled with my eldest and so made a few trips to the EPU. In my case I was fortunate and although they suspected an ectopic pregnancy, it wasn't and I was told it was a cervical ectropian (SP?). In any case, I would advise you to get it checked out. It may be nothing in which case you can put your mind at ease, or it may be something in which case it would be good to get it checked to avoid further problems. Best of luck.

NotQuiteJustYet Tue 23-May-17 17:19:47

Give your local EPU a call, they'll let you know what they need you to do in terms of referral. I've had to see mine a few times over the last few weeks for bleeding and they've been fantastic.

FeedTheSharkAndItWillBite Tue 23-May-17 17:20:52

I had spotting when I got pregnant this time (DC2).

Which I actually mistook for my period (we only decided to TTC after I already was pregnant...)

However, if I were you I'd get it checked out.

ahipponamedbooboobutt Tue 23-May-17 17:25:30

3 weeks pregnant is before a period is even due so I think most places would tell you to wait and see. A heartbeat isn't even visible until 6-7 weeks so apart from blood tests to check hcg there's not a lot they can do. Unless of course there is severe abdominal pain in which case get to a&e immediately incase of ectopic

WeasleyWoman Tue 23-May-17 18:07:12

Thank you ladies. I hadn't thought of eptopic I will ring and get it checked as I have had a lot more abdominal pain than previous pregnancies.

NotISaidTheWalrus Tue 23-May-17 18:48:10

I wouldn't bother personally, having been there many times. Without any indication of ectopic they probably won't want to see you.
Sorry.

justkeepswimmingg Wed 24-May-17 12:57:52

Hope you're ok OP flowers

WeasleyWoman Wed 24-May-17 13:27:11

Thank you justkeep I am ok. The bleeding stopped. I went to gp who took blood and will do so again on Friday to see if hcg is increasing but I just went to the loo and there was blood when so I'm not optimistic.

Dianneabbottsmathsteacher Wed 24-May-17 13:29:35

flowers

Jollypirates3 Wed 24-May-17 20:39:52

When i was miscarrying i called my gp to advise i hought i was. He was lovely and called the epu and arranged a scan for the next day. Called me back to tell me when. It was arranged very quickly surprisingly as tgere is a 4 week wait for appointments and has been since before that happened last year. Call your gp and go from there and get checked. I hope its nothing op xx

Jollypirates3 Wed 24-May-17 20:40:16

Sorry didnt see your update. Good luck xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now