Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To not go into work tomorrow?

(8 Posts)
SharkiraSharkira Mon 22-May-17 17:34:05

Dp has very kindly passed his cold onto me, throat is burning, head aching, hurt all over, sweating and snotty. Generally feeling shit.

Wibu to call in sick tomorrow? Normally I wouldn't for a cold but I work with food and it seems rather unhygienic to say the least, plus I really don't think I could cope with the heat and the busy-ness in my current state! Trouble is I know there's not many other people who can work and if might be screwing them over. Wibu?

PurpleDaisies Mon 22-May-17 17:35:17

What's the work policy?

I'd see how you are in the morning. Often these things resolve themselves quite quickly.

Bobbins43 Mon 22-May-17 17:37:08

If you still feel sick tomorrow, don't go in.

CharcoalandInk Mon 22-May-17 17:37:59

Surely if you go in you are risking passing on your germs to the whole team, with the possibility of many of them needing time off as a result, surely that would be much worse?

manueltowers Mon 22-May-17 17:41:55

See how you feel in the morning.

In the meantime - sleep, ibuprofen, lemsip and plenty of orange juice!

BandeauSally Mon 22-May-17 17:42:02

Please don't go in!! No-one needs to be eating your cold germs.

SharkiraSharkira Mon 22-May-17 18:09:15

Policy is to give 2hrs notice but I wanted to try and give as much notice as possible as it would make it easier for them to cover me.

I don't want to spread my germs everywhere but I also don't want to leave them in the lurch. Especially because I have a zero hours contract and I don't want to be 'punished' by having my hours cut.

reluctantlondoner Mon 22-May-17 18:10:24

Definitely don't go in! You'll give it to everyone! Rest up and get well soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now