Talk

Advanced search

To give the same amount this time?

(5 Posts)
skinnymalinkmalojin Mon 22-May-17 09:26:43

We have friends that invited us to their DC's communion last year. We went and had a lovely day and gave the child money in a card as a gift.
During the year, their circumstances have changed drastically and the mother told me that they were having a very small party for their next child who is making her communion this week. She said that she would only be having close family at it and she hoped I wouldn't mind. Of course I don't and I understand completely.
I would like to give this child the same as her sister the year before but I am worried that they might think it's over the top or out of pity. It isn't - I'd just hate to make a difference between them and give this child less than her sister. What do you think?

LottieDoubtie Mon 22-May-17 09:31:17

Absolutely give the same. Don't overthink it.

MommaGee Mon 22-May-17 09:34:01

Is give the same too.
If mom says anything just say you wouldst want to get one without the other. Second DC will already be aware there getting a smaller party etc so it'll be nice to know that she's not forgotten

Lesley1980 Mon 22-May-17 10:46:58

I'd give the same.

skinnymalinkmalojin Fri 26-May-17 19:19:28

Thanks for the advice! Over thinking things is a speciality of mine wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now