Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

MP behaving badly

(10 Posts)
Beelzebop Sat 20-May-17 19:41:36

Have posted in legal matters but time is of the essence! So apologies if inappropriate.
Am I being unreasonable to post pictures on social media of our local MP illegally parked on a blind corner?
I would have said No to be honest, but a board that was going to post it for me got threatened with legal action. confused
Thanks!

JoWithABow Sun 21-May-17 19:37:57

What legal action could they take though? If it's factual then what can't they do. I suppose if you said it was the MPs car and it wasn't, or if you said the MP had parked there and it turned out her husband or his wife had parked there then it might be misleading. But if it was definitely their car and you said 'MPs car parked illegally', don't see what's wrong with that?

WellErrr Sun 21-May-17 19:39:25

Get a bloody grip.

Honestly, what an insufferable busybody you sound.

Trifleorbust Sun 21-May-17 19:45:40

Seriously? Is it really that big a deal to you?

Littlecaf Sun 21-May-17 19:48:36

No, YNBU.

Our local councillor was caught in a disabled bay (actually parked across two) in his Jag. In a city where you can't get a parking permit for love nor money. He doesn't have a Blue Badge. Apparently was running late. Local paper had a field day.

It's not one rule for them one for us.

JoWithABow Sun 21-May-17 20:05:04

"*insufferable busybody*" is a bit harsh. I think it's quite newsworthy as MPs are the ones deciding on laws in this country, therefore they should be following them.

milliemolliemou Sun 21-May-17 20:09:07

Pass it to a local paper. They'll have much better legal advice than most boards. Do you know for sure it's the MP?

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sun 21-May-17 20:12:50

hmm get a life?

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Sun 21-May-17 20:13:46

Only if you want to look like a total dick, seriously who does this?

Yup - pass it to the local paper.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now