Talk

Advanced search

To want my happy smiley baby back?

(12 Posts)
Aliveinwanderland Sat 20-May-17 19:26:00

Up until Tuesday DS (nearly 7 months) was a lovely happy smiley baby. Barely cried and just whined and moaned when he got frustrated. Tuesday he went to the childminders for the first time. He was fine all day, happy when I picked him up, but started getting upset that evening. He has cried on and off since then and today has been a nightmare. Constantly crying, proper floods of tears for seemingly no reason and I can't do anything with him. Sleep has been awful for last few nights.

I assumed teething, but no signs of teeth. He has a bit of hay fever but not really bad enough to warrant the constant crying.

I want my happy smiley baby back!!

DesignedForLife Sat 20-May-17 19:42:07

It's prime time for separation anxiety to kick in, and you'd likely find it would happen even without going to a childminder. DS is the same age and has got clingy recently.

Aliveinwanderland Sat 20-May-17 19:44:56

Thank you. He has never been a cuddly baby at all but has fallen asleep on my knee a few times in last week, the last time before that was when he was about 4 weeks old!

Tonight he is screaming as soon as I put him in his cot, but is fine when I pick him up. He never usually cries at bedtime and goes down no issue on his own- I'm not loving this change. He is now laid watching television with me as I gave up trying to settle him!

LapinR0se Sat 20-May-17 19:46:07

Ears?

Aliveinwanderland Sat 20-May-17 19:52:02

He isn't rubbing or pulling at his ears and can't see any discharge.

I think he is suffering with hay fever as his nose is streaming and he keeps rubbing his eyes.

LapinR0se Sat 20-May-17 20:12:38

There aren't always symptoms with ears. I would take him to the gp for a check on Monday if he doesn't improve as it's a sudden and extreme change

Aliveinwanderland Sat 20-May-17 20:37:21

I'm at work on Monday but will see if I can get a late appointment for afterwards.

It is like having a different baby at the minute.

twisterinyogapants Sat 20-May-17 22:33:47

It could be teething they can get bad ears then. It could be a cold with glue ear. It could be his schedule changed and he isn't sure if he likes it. Just watch him.

NoNeedToArgue Sat 20-May-17 22:36:02

My normally happy smiley baby had a terrible week, full of cold, sleepy, fell asleep on me twice yesterday... Today got the first chickenpox spots..! Suddenly it all makes sense.

steff13 Sat 20-May-17 22:37:50

It could be a phase. It could be his ears, though. When they're that little they can't always distinguish where the pain is coming from, so they don't tug at their ears like older kids might.

toomanypasswords Sat 20-May-17 22:58:36

I'd also recommend getting him checked. When my DD was like that, it turned out she'd had an ear infection and needed antibiotics. It was painful when lying down, hence the awful nights. Keep checking in his ears for mucus. Hope he's better soon!

Aliveinwanderland Sun 21-May-17 03:03:16

Thanks everyone, will get him checked either Monday afternoon if I can get in or Tuesday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now