Talk

Advanced search

To not give a shit that Pippa Middleton is getting married today?

(122 Posts)
MarmaladeSoup Sat 20-May-17 10:30:38

Seriously, why is the media getting so bloody worked up over this? The DM in particular is practically orgasming over every tiny little detail.

She's a nobody, she's not important. She's just some workshy, over privileged waste of space who's only claim to fame is being the Duchess of Camebridge's sister. But boy does she love to milk it. All the things she could have done with that fantastic education and she's done sweet FA!

AIBU to wish she'd go away and the press would stop going on about her? What is the point of her?

DarkFloodRises Sat 20-May-17 10:31:49

Have to say I didn't realise it was today until I just saw the title of your thread!

Reow Sat 20-May-17 10:31:49

Agreed

sparechange Sat 20-May-17 10:31:55

You give enough of a shit that you've started a thread about it though

MsVestibule Sat 20-May-17 10:33:26

I didn't even know she was getting married today until I saw your thread title. So you're kind of feeding the publicity...

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Sat 20-May-17 10:34:21

And yet you spent time starting a post detailing that you don't care? confused

PacificDogwod Sat 20-May-17 10:35:06

Oh, I am as nosy about the dress and the guest list as the next American person, but on national news??! Really?!

It's pathetic.
There's enough other actually important stuff going on in the world.

Bread and circus, bread and circus.... hmm
And we are lapping it up.

Dentistlakes Sat 20-May-17 10:36:12

Of course the DM is reporting every detail; it's perfect click bait!

I doubt she particularly wants to feature in the DM ( would you!) and probably doesn't care about anyone's opinion apart from her friends and family. It's a private wedding which has been turned into a bit of a circus due to who her sister married.

OliviaStabler Sat 20-May-17 10:36:15

You obviously care or why start a thread that adds to what you say you hate.

SailAwaySailAwaySailAway Sat 20-May-17 10:36:33

You sound bitter. If you really didn't give a shit you wouldn't have started a thread.

ShinyGirl Sat 20-May-17 10:38:52

I heard they've invented a machine to keep the rain off, so it doesn't rain on her glass marquee.

But I might have dreamt that.

MarmaladeSoup Sat 20-May-17 10:38:59

I suppose I am feeding it by starting a thread on it, but I genuinely do not understand the fascination. The fact Prince Harry is even invited says it all. Who even invites their BIL's brother to their wedding? Night reception maybe, but no, she was fully aware of the publicity of inviting him and that there would be endless media speculation as to whether Meghan would be with him.

Trifleorbust Sat 20-May-17 10:39:23

'All the things she could have done with that fantastic education' are none of your business. No-one is asking you to give a shit about her wedding. What's she ever done to you?

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Sat 20-May-17 10:41:17

You aren't paying for it

You don't have to read the Mail

Get a grip

Dentistlakes Sat 20-May-17 10:41:28

Maybe she's friends with Harry. Just a thought...

Kewcumber Sat 20-May-17 10:42:55

Is she?

None of the media I read is getting worked up about it.

Bambambini Sat 20-May-17 10:44:09

There you go, didn't know until you told me - so you're not giving a shit is promiting it.

Bambambini Sat 20-May-17 10:44:48

Hope she has aclovely day! 😁

DoorwayToNorway Sat 20-May-17 10:45:42

I think you give more of a shit than you're letting on.

BattleaxeGalactica Sat 20-May-17 10:46:14

It's manufactured fascination. Can't imagine many were waiting for the DM to breathlessly furnish details of the bogs hmm

It's a bit of a throwback to the days when 'society' weddings were big news. Bizarre, really.

MarmaladeSoup Sat 20-May-17 10:47:55

Surely the big celebrity weddings have replaced society weddings though?

BillyButtfuck Sat 20-May-17 10:49:05

I thought it was yesterday, I didn't give a fuck them eithergrin

NavyandWhite Sat 20-May-17 10:49:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jcsp Sat 20-May-17 10:50:37

I was wondering recently whose book would be of most use to me...

Pippa's party handbook

Or

Ivanka Trumps recent tome?

I suppose it comes down to just how uneven the floor is and what is needed to stop the table wobbling.

BattleaxeGalactica Sat 20-May-17 10:50:59

Probably, Marmalade but they leave me cold too. There's clearly a market for them though or 'Hello' would have bitten the dust long ago.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: