Talk

Advanced search

Well. Am I?

(84 Posts)
Comedyboobs Sat 20-May-17 00:14:50

My youngest DC (6 yo) has Adhd, he sleeps in my bed usually with a body part (foot on my face today) on me. I have 3 older DCs. I'm a single parent.

I'm renovating the house we are living in (timescale is 10 weeks until it goes on the market) and also restoring antique furniture to bring in an income, while I look for a 'proper' job. Im stressed out to the max.

Am I being unreasonable to think this is a shitty text from DBoyfriend:
I really appreciate your antique shite. But stop talking shit about it, it's boring, sell it & send me a naked photo.

I'm knackered & would really appreciate some ideas re replies. I have red flags awaving.
#imusuallyshithotatsarcasm

banqidoodle Sat 20-May-17 00:15:45

Ugh. Get rid.

Januarie Sat 20-May-17 00:18:16

Well he sounds like a revolting pig. But you know that. What are you going to do about it?

robinia Sat 20-May-17 00:18:21

Just rude. Unless he has a whole stack of redeeming features I would be showing him the door.

MinkowskisButterfly Sat 20-May-17 00:18:32

I agree, get rid. he sounds like a twat. Sadly I have no ideas regarding comebacks other than fuck off.

MiddleClassProblem Sat 20-May-17 00:18:47

Send him a photo of the furniture with fig leaves covering the handles (knobs) or such?

And then bin him

ImperialBlether Sat 20-May-17 00:18:52

God. What is the point of him?

Comedyboobs Sat 20-May-17 00:20:05

Yes. Maybe I should get rid. I'm so knackered I can't see what's going on.

Mylittlestsunshine Sat 20-May-17 00:20:14

Send him this

Mylittlestsunshine Sat 20-May-17 00:20:33

Followed by Fuck off

MinkowskisButterfly Sat 20-May-17 00:21:30

Robinia, I would be showing him the door regardless of any other redeeming features if he spoke to me like that, that single text he sent sums up how much respect he has for OP and that is zero.

Comedyboobs Sat 20-May-17 00:22:19

I'm usually more kickass.
Really need a good come back to this fuck wittery

GotToGetMyFingerOut Sat 20-May-17 00:23:04

Get him to fuck!

Januarie Sat 20-May-17 00:23:04

The crass demanding of naked photos and referring to your job as "shite" just makes me imagine him as some uneducated, socially incompetent, 17 year old Neanderthal. Unpleasant.

Januarie Sat 20-May-17 00:23:22

Just call him an odious little pig.

HeddaGarbled Sat 20-May-17 00:23:54

Weeeell, he may have a point. Do you talk about it all the time? He does say he appreciates it, just doesn't want to listen to you talking about it all the time. Don't send him any naked photos, by the way - you can never be sure they won't be shared.

maddening Sat 20-May-17 00:26:30

Send back "you first xx"

Comedyboobs Sat 20-May-17 00:29:07

No. I don't talk about what I do as I'm aware it comes across as boring.

Januarie Sat 20-May-17 00:31:06

Why shouldn't you talk about what you do?

Shitalopram Sat 20-May-17 00:39:39

If this is your usual style of banter then perhaps he's just unaware of how knackered you are just now? Me and my partner swap similarly insulting texts as a joke, since in real life we are quite formal and straight-laced. But when I'm wrung out I'll suddenly have a sense of humour failure and get almost teary over something that would ordinarily make me howl with laughter...

Comedyboobs Sat 20-May-17 00:40:54

Because it's mundane & boring I guess, in comparison to naked photos.
But to me, it's an escape & something I love. I also look after my DMum who has alzheimers so escapism at the moment is necessary.

Shitalopram Sat 20-May-17 00:42:01

I agree about sending a "naked" photo and nothing else...

MissFancyPants Sat 20-May-17 00:43:49

Could it be the sort of thing that said face to face wouldn't be so bad? And if you weren't so stressed and tired. It sounds to me like other the worst kind of arsehole behaviour, or a poor attempt and some friendly banter?

You're in a better position to judge it in the context of him as a whole IYSWIM.

Leave it for now and get some sleep.

Shitalopram Sat 20-May-17 00:44:45

Gosh if you're caring for your mum as well as 4 kids on your own then you are bound to be feeling tender.

If your boyfriend usually brings you some fun, escapism and romance then that's one thing, but if you depend on him for emotional support, it's a crap text.

shinyredbus Sat 20-May-17 00:45:00

Bit rude. Any redeeming features? confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now