Talk

Advanced search

to have a babysitter but not go out?

(11 Posts)
PyongyangKipperbang Fri 19-May-17 20:58:46

The kids are with their grandparents and he and I are here on our own, But I am really not fussed about going out.

We rarely get the chance to go out but there is bugger all on in town so we will end up at the village pub, seeing the same faces, talking about the same things.

I just cant be arsed! He is going on his own and hasnt said anything but I am getting the distinct impression that he feels that we are wasting the opportunity to go out together. Things havent been great for quite a while now so on the one hand I am wondering if I should make the effort but on the other it will basically the same as sitting at home, just costing more!

I have one very sore and swollen tonsil which isnt helping, I just want to curl up on the sofa and finish playing the Harry Potter Lego PS game blush Oh and it is about the absolutely chuck it down which is another tick in the "Stay at home" column for me.

AIBU and should I make the effort?

CaulkheadUpNorf Fri 19-May-17 21:00:48

If the children wake up then they'll go to you, not the grandparents.

Are they here specifically to babysit and therefore helping you out and could have done something else, or are they sfaying with you and just visiting, having offered to babysit?

CaulkheadUpNorf Fri 19-May-17 21:01:25

Really sorry OP, I read the first line wrong blush

Do what you want.

DonkeyOaty Fri 19-May-17 21:01:58

Go to the pub with him and have a brandy or two for sore throat.

TowerRavenSeven Fri 19-May-17 21:03:01

Yanbu as you have a sore throat. But what about going out somewhere fast for dessert? Then come home - best of both worlds!

PyongyangKipperbang Fri 19-May-17 21:18:08

If it werent for the throat then I would probably be more up for it, but I didnt sleep well last night because of it so the though of leaving the house now just fills me with dread!

He is just getting his coat on now so I think he is ok. I think its more that he thinks we should go out together because we can rather than him particularly wanting to iykwim.

And I dont like brandy!

StillDrivingMeBonkers Fri 19-May-17 21:21:22

Things havent been great for quite a while now

Depends whether you want things to work. Or not. I suppose.

Trills Fri 19-May-17 21:25:50

If the babysitter is in your house, get out or it's a waste. You won't be properly off-duty.

If the children are with grandparents at a different house, do as you please.

PyongyangKipperbang Fri 19-May-17 21:28:20

still that did cross my mind, but given that the reason that things havent been great is something he did and he isnt making that much effort, I end up think that why the fuck should I?

The kids are not here, I wouldnt allow someone to come round to babysit only to not go out, that would be a piss take. The kids are away for them and the grandparents, not because we asked them the babysit.

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Fri 19-May-17 21:29:40

The dc are away imo that's a reason to make the effort as a couple. .
Go out. .

Whosthebestbabainalltheworld Fri 19-May-17 21:53:11

YABU to ask randomers on MN? Go out if you want, stay in if you want. If we all say go out, will you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now