Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To want to buy clothes with shoulders

(18 Posts)
AngryGinger Fri 19-May-17 19:54:51

Just that really, I feel like everything has the shoulders cut out. I'll pick up a top or dress I think is nice and then SURPRISE the effing shoulders have a hole in or no shoulders at all.

Why would I want to draw the attention to the widest part of my body. As for the whole across the body neckline, I'm a 36E, it's never going to happen.

I'm going on holiday in 3 weeks and I need summer clothes, where can I buy a few tops and dresses with shoulders?

Maverick66 Fri 19-May-17 20:05:16

EVERYTHING has either cold shoulder or slits in arms. Why? Just why?
I feel like a reject from Benidorm.
Perhaps fabric glue is the solution?

ScarlettFreestone Fri 19-May-17 20:06:39

They are a bizarre trend. Hopefully it will pass soon.

vincentaroony Fri 19-May-17 20:08:21

I feel this way about jumpsuits. Keep picking them up thinking they are dresses. Try tkmaxx, since it's old season stuff you should find clothes from before cold shoulders were in fashion!

GlitterGlue Fri 19-May-17 20:10:50

I feel your pain. They're not flattering. There is a long thread in s&b about the issue of godawful fashion.

MerlinEmrys Fri 19-May-17 20:18:15

Or the top looks nice but from behind is held together by a tiny button at the tip and flashes your whole back. No thanks!

badabing36 Fri 19-May-17 20:22:46

Ya^definitely^bu

MinnowAndTheBear Fri 19-May-17 20:29:42

Feel your pain. I have a shopping voucher and I can't spend it anywhere at the moment because I'm holding out for sleeves.

NetflixandBill Fri 19-May-17 20:36:07

I see your cold shoulder tops, and i raise you maxidresses that ALL have thigh high slits up the sides angry

HeadShouldersYonisAndToes Fri 19-May-17 20:38:15

YANBU! Hoping this is a trend that ends quickly...

AngryGinger Fri 19-May-17 20:38:16

Oh my god! The thigh high slits, the built in chokers, the gaps down the front/back. I know it's probably just me getting older. But I'm 28, that's not old! It's a shame because I really like the midi length of lots of the summer dresses about at the moment. TK maxx is a good idea I hadn't thought about

Huldra Fri 19-May-17 20:38:28

I'm trying to find simple work tops at the moment. Everytime I find an item that's the right colour it turns out to have shoulders cut out, or tassles or ruffles.

OddBoots Fri 19-May-17 20:38:46

I'm the same - it's a look that looks good on my slim teenage dd but not on my curvier nearly 40 year old self.

AngryGinger Fri 19-May-17 20:39:06

Oh badabing, I know some people like them and they suit some people. There just doesn't seem to be a choice at the moment sad

Foxsox Fri 19-May-17 21:50:51

They are awful
YADNBU

ThePinkOcelot Fri 19-May-17 21:52:27

YANBU. I hate them.

QueenLaBeefah Fri 19-May-17 21:54:16

YANBU. Looks utterly shite.

CreamCheez Fri 19-May-17 22:05:06

The workers who make these clothes, living in hot countries, must be wondering why we who live in cold, rainy Britain / Ireland are buying these shoulder-less garments...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now