Talk

Advanced search

To be sick of having to keep my mouth shut

(29 Posts)
Haughtycat Fri 19-May-17 15:42:56

DB left his GF back in January, most of the family heaved a sigh of relief except my fathers GF who was / is as thick as thieves with her.

DB has temporarily moved back home with DF and his GF whilst his house purchase is progressing but DFs GF is giving him much grief whilst my DF sits back and let's it happen for an easy life.

DBs ex is now turning up the shitty memes and pictures on FB, all about how DB is an asshole, how she's glad someone else can now have him etc, fair enough she's probably hurt but DFs GF is wading in and commenting, agreeing with her and generally running my DB down as much as his ex.

DB is not on FB so can't defend himself and I'm not friends with her but as her profile is set to public it's easy to read.

So far Ive kept completely quiet but my protective instinct towards DB is strong and I so want to give these bitches a piece of my mind. DB says leave it as he has to live with DF and her until his house is ready.

WIBU to send a parcel of cat shit or something instead? My revenge instincts are strong today grin

dailydance Fri 19-May-17 15:54:53

Nobody really knows what goes on in someone else's relationship, so unless the sun actually shines out of your brothers arse I would leave well alone.

PollytheDolly Fri 19-May-17 16:02:40

I'd say something like "wind your neck in". You're his sister, what do they expect?

Taking the piss doing that publicly, especially knowing people can see. Pathetic behaviour. Your DFs GF doesn't have much respect for her partner, does she.

MyOpe Fri 19-May-17 16:03:34

Why is your DF sitting back for an easy life and letting his son be insulted on social media by his girlfriend? confused

Why is your DB going back home to be insulted by your DF's girlfriend, even whilst he's living there? shock

It sounds a horrible mess tbh. They sound horrible. Your DB is better off out and moving away (what your father's girlfriend probably wants though).

Northernparent68 Fri 19-May-17 16:05:39

I'd tell your father he needs to step up and deal with this

Hidingtonothing Fri 19-May-17 16:06:34

If DB is saying leave it then you have to respect that I think. He obviously just wants to get through this with minimum unpleasantness and, if there's a house sale in the mix too, you could do more damage than good by getting involved. Supporting DB is probably the most help you can be, give him some respite from DF's GF by inviting him to yours as often as you can manage and let him know you're on his side and there for him, I would have thought that was more helpful and productive than sending parcels of catshit.

neonrainbow Fri 19-May-17 16:09:36

none of your business, keep your nose out.

ChicRock Fri 19-May-17 16:11:09

Your DB is being very sensible and is not on FB, so these memes can't hurt him - aside from the fact that you're shit-stirring telling him everything that gets put on there - why are you doing that?

Defriend and block them both. It'll make your life so much more pleasant.

PigletWasPoohsFriend Fri 19-May-17 16:11:40

Nobody really knows what goes on in someone else's relationship, so unless the sun actually shines out of your brothers arse I would leave well alone.

I agree.

I really wouldn't get involved.

user1494949919 Fri 19-May-17 16:13:20

DF's GF and DBs ex sound like a right classy pair...

If DB says to leave it it's probably best to leave it, however frustrating. It's not your battle to wade in on, even sneakily.

ChicRock Fri 19-May-17 16:14:42

I've just re-read and you're not even friends with them... so you're actively Facebook staking to them feed back to your brother.

LaLegue Fri 19-May-17 16:23:28

Stay out of it. Especially because you aren't even friends with her on FB so saying that you know what she's been posting will only come back to bite you on the bum as a stalky meddler.

People who have public profiles and post passive aggressive cryptic shit on FB about their relationships are immature attention seeking sad acts with no dignity . Let it waft over you and don't feed any of it back to him. None of it matters any more. He's out and he's moving on.

wannabestressfree Fri 19-May-17 16:28:15

Aka Jeremy Kyle....

ChasedByBees Fri 19-May-17 16:31:11

I would point it out to your dad and ask why he's letting his girlfriend criticise his son so much.

Ceto Fri 19-May-17 16:32:53

Does you DB have to stay there? Is there any chance of you offering him a bed?

PacificDogwod Fri 19-May-17 16:34:11

In what way is this anything to do with you? confused
Serious question.

Presumably your DB is an adult.
Who was in a relationship with an adult, no matter how childishly she may now be behaving.
Surely it is up to your DB to react or not??
I cannot really believe that you need to be told to leave well alone.

Alternatively, I think you should go round to hers and give her a piece of you mind, publicly and loudly, record the whole shebang and then post it on YouTube grin

FFS.

TheUpsideDown Fri 19-May-17 16:40:05

I'd stay out of it. My sister is exactly like this - whenever she falls out with someone (which is a regular occurrence as she's a major drama queen) the social media attention seeking begins. I've found its best to simply ignore it. By responding you're playing into their hands. They'll see your retaliation as justification for their comments and it will continue. In fact it will fuel the flames and get worse.

Be the bigger person and say/do nothing. Just support your DB.

However, I do think your DF ought to be telling his missus to do the same.

Benedikte2 Fri 19-May-17 16:40:19

Haughty cat sending offensive matter through the post is a criminal offence and you can be sure your DH's GF will delight in laying a complaint with the police

Haughtycat Fri 19-May-17 16:40:38

You are right, it's got nothing to do with me hence the reason I will not do anything at all.

Would still love to exact revenge of some kind though. 😏

Haughtycat Fri 19-May-17 16:42:01

But I won't of course, better make that clear. I'm going to sit and dream of it instead.

WomblingThree Fri 19-May-17 16:42:07

This is what happens when so-called adults play out every detail of their lives on Facebook. I don't see why you even want or need to be involved. Leave them all to it.

BoneyBackJefferson Fri 19-May-17 16:45:26

Although I agree that the OP should let it alone, I think that inferring that her DB must have done something to deserve it is a little bit off.

Libbylove2015 Fri 19-May-17 16:51:23

God I hate it when people wash their dirty linen in public. Take the moral high ground and let them make a show of themselves without your intervention.

Says much more about them than it does about your brother.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Fri 19-May-17 16:55:00

The best "revenge" is for you to completely ignore it as your db is doing. The ex gf clearly wants a reaction so don't give her one.

Mummyoflittledragon Fri 19-May-17 17:01:57

If your df knows about this he is acting poorly as well. I would report the information to your df if he is unaware and steer well clear with dignified silence.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now