Talk

Advanced search

What do you think and what would you do

(14 Posts)
SarahGraceMc Fri 19-May-17 14:31:12

My birthday is tomorrow but as it's DS's football final we were celebrating tonight (small get together) while he is at his dad's. Family invited my DP's as no contact with mine. Phonecall from Dp's mum and dad they can't come as dad is ill. Now SIL doesn't seem to be coming making excuses but not a definite no. Feel like cancelling as I don't have any close family I was really looking forward to seeing them

AIBU to be pissed off that they can't make the effort to visit when invited two weeks ago or am I being childish sad feeling a bit sorry for myself tbh

SarahGraceMc Fri 19-May-17 14:40:23

Plus it's a big birthday 😣

SarahGraceMc Fri 19-May-17 14:40:24

Plus it's a big birthday 😣

TheStoic Fri 19-May-17 14:41:47

Who else will be there if PILs and SIL can't make it?

TestingTestingWonTooFree Fri 19-May-17 14:44:24

It might be a big birthday, but you're not a child, you know that sometimes people get ill. You can't control what they do, but perhaps you can control your reaction. Try to get over your disappointment and make the best of this.

DeanKoontz Fri 19-May-17 14:56:35

Do you have other children?

Go out with DP for a meal?

Personally, I pray for this kind of thing to happen and it never does. I never get to do what I want on my birthday as family insist on visiting. Seems a bit rude to tell them not to come grin

SarahGraceMc Fri 19-May-17 14:59:52

It's was SIL and her partner and my DP's brother and wife who I don't particularly get along with is attending. I went to a lot of effort food drink etc and feel a bit let down. I'm always on hand for them. So there will be me my DP my BIL and his wife.

SarahGraceMc Fri 19-May-17 15:00:45

I do my eldest is 14 she is with her friends at a sleep over

DeanKoontz Fri 19-May-17 15:02:11

Bung all the food in the fridge/freezer and get dp to take you out somewhere nice and snazzy. Somewhere you'd never go with the kids.

SarahGraceMc Fri 19-May-17 15:03:19

Thanks testing, I just had my hopes raised for a nice get together. I haven't had many birthdays celebrated as a child or as an adult and I was excited (very childish of me I know)

SarahGraceMc Fri 19-May-17 15:03:59

Thanks DeanKoontz I am going to do just that!

ButtonMushroomEx Fri 19-May-17 15:11:03

Yes call it off and go out together to celebrate. You'll have more time to enjoy yourself and relax if you aren't cooking and entertaining on your own birthday.

Oh and Happy Birthday winecakeflowers

TheMerryWidow1 Fri 19-May-17 15:15:45

why are you doing all the drink and food, its your big birthday! You should be wined and dined, cancel and tell DP he is taking you out. Happy Birthday

SarahGraceMc Fri 19-May-17 15:43:39

Thank you I just cancelled, it was buffet food DP was cooking, DP has now made a reservation at local restraunt thanks all for your wishes 😀flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now