Talk

Advanced search

To wonder what makes it all worthwhile?

(9 Posts)
MrsMachin Thu 18-May-17 17:52:06

(Accidentally posted this in chat so reposting here)

I enjoyed a thread a while back about the worst colleagues people have ever come across in their work.

I'm a secondary teacher with guidance duties (moving to SMT) and sometimes I feel like I could strangle half my department. Tomorrow I have forty kids sitting an exam in my secondary subject, the first year I've taught it, and also need to deal with a CP meeting and parents' night tomorrow after school. I'm a newly single mum of four (no. 5 on the way).

And today I burst into tears at the staffroom photocopier when it ran out of paper. So, MNetters, what do you do when you feel like such utter crap you want to get on a plane halfway across the world and never return?

PuckeredAhole Thu 18-May-17 17:53:28

Drink.

PuckeredAhole Thu 18-May-17 17:55:36

Not helpful.

I'm a secondary school teacher too with two preschoolers. I work 2 days which I'm can more than manage work wise. I've requested 3 days a week but I don't want too much responsibility yet.

Have you thought about going part time after baby? Being SLT perhaps you could get away with a 4 day week?

PuckeredAhole Thu 18-May-17 17:56:12

Sorry for the typos. I'm ill and wallowing in self pity.

KindleBueno Thu 18-May-17 18:15:05

I did an 'emergency' run to Tesco after work for cooking oil and sat in the carpark eating donuts.

MrsMachin Thu 18-May-17 18:18:06

Puckered if only!

I've been thinking about it. My mum is helping out with childcare and truth be told I'd love to go part time. I think a part of me would always feel guilty though.

MrsMachin Thu 18-May-17 18:19:25

Kindle flowers you're my kind of lady!

PuckeredAhole Thu 18-May-17 18:21:33

Get over the guilt and do what's best for you. I'm training my HoD in the art of this grin. Obviously she has way more pressure than me but she needs to chill.

MrsMachin Thu 18-May-17 18:23:34

HoD's are notoriously stressy grin mine is a total monster.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now