Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to have the rage and think these people should be EXILED?

(10 Posts)
farmers Thu 18-May-17 06:49:32

I was at a festival-type-thing recently, standing in the very long Portaloo line when a girl pushes in front of me. I didn't immediately notice so didn't say anything.

Then another girl barged in front of me and said 'Sorry, I will piss myself if I don't go in front of you'. I replied with 'well that's a shame, I suppose you'll just have to piss yourself as there's a line'.

First girl who pushed in say 'ooohhh no it's fine she's my friend', and second girl goes ahead of me anyway.

THE SAME THING happened three more times with the same group of friends.

AIBU to think that these people should be exiled?
What would you have said/done to stop them from pushing in?

honeysucklejasmine Thu 18-May-17 06:52:21

Once they'd all arrived, step back in front. It doesn't matter if "she's with me" unless they plan on using the cubicle at the same time.

TrojanWhore Thu 18-May-17 06:57:41

You need to stretch out our arm and say, 'Same for all of us, wait your turn'

If does help if you are old enough to be the girl's mother, have a carrying voice and a stern stare.

ArsenalsPlayingAtHome Thu 18-May-17 06:58:43

I think I'd have stood my ground, and not let it lie and maybe said "Well so will I, you should have just queued up sooner, love...jog on to the back of the queue & I'll be as quick as I can!"

Would I though, in RL? who knows ....easy to type that out, but different when you're there.

Then again, it iss a real bug bear of mine, so I would have been arsey.

Think I'm going to save the above phrase and bring it out and dust it down next time I'm in a queue and that happens!

FlossyMooToo Thu 18-May-17 07:00:11

Que jumping makes me see red.
I know its probably better not to cause trouble and just let it ride but I never can.

You handled it better than me OP as I would have pushed in front if them which would have probably caused a row.
I hate it when people see me as less important than them angry

farmers Thu 18-May-17 07:03:49

I think one of the reasons I didn't push back in was that they were a group whereas I was alone, so if it had caused a fight or something I wouldn't have had anyone to back me up (except maybe the people behind me in the queue...)

FlossyMooToo Thu 18-May-17 07:11:50

Thats why you are smarter than me OP I occasionally act first think later blush

silkpyjamasallday Thu 18-May-17 07:15:21

I always challenge people who push in queues, it's one area of life I am very confident! We were in a huge queue at a very small airport in the Caribbean, all the flights queue together so we had been waiting over an hour and were about 50 people from the front with about 150 people behind. A little boy of about 4 or 5 came and stood in front of us, I saw him come up the stairs past the rest of the queue, I didn't tell him to move as I thought it best to keep an eye on him rather than send him back down as I couldn't see his parents thinking his mum or dad would come and get him and take him back to their place in the queue. Then I see a lady coming up the stairs and she came up to the boy, told him he shouldn't have run off, and then attempted to stay ahead of us in the queue. I tapped her on the shoulder and told her to go back to her place in the queue, and why did she think it was ok to use her child as a ruse to push in, we had all been waiting a long time and it wasn't going to get her onto her plane any faster. I was only a teen and she was thoroughly embarrassed took her child and slunk back down the stairs without a word. It was extremely satisfying, I take queuing very seriously!

Jaxhog Thu 18-May-17 07:28:01

I hate this too. Especially those who 'save' places in a queue for friends. Usually lots of friends. Grrr!

dentydown Thu 18-May-17 07:38:06

I think we had a thread on here where a poster was at a till, someone's husband (with a couple of items) was saving a place for a mahoosive trolly. Then tried to push infront of her.
I think she stood her ground. If I'm in a filthy mood I end up calling out queue jumpers. I don't mind people who ask, but the announcers I can't stand. "I've got 5 items so i'm going in front". I feel like shoving the basket with their five items on their head!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now