Talk

Advanced search

Twins birthday...£15 present

(14 Posts)
BeeThirtythree Wed 17-May-17 23:29:28

I have friends who are twins, it's their birthdays soon. I am struggling with gift ideas that are not too expensive. We usually set an around £15 limit on presents, large group of us and it adds up with many birthdays.

It is their 40th so I wanted something special, not just chocolates/flowers etc

No alcohol as they don't drink.

fourandnomore Wed 17-May-17 23:32:05

Nice photo albums/photo books with pictures of you and your mates together - one each with different photos so they feel special individually! Not expensive but time consuming in a showing you really care kind of way.

BackforGood Wed 17-May-17 23:37:28

Treat them to afternoon tea ?

wobblywonderwoman Wed 17-May-17 23:50:13

A nice pair of stud earrings would come in around 15

wrinkleseverywhere Wed 17-May-17 23:56:13

If there is a large group of you, can you club together & get them something?

Coastalcommand Thu 18-May-17 00:06:45

Photo book? Groupon always have deals.

BeeThirtythree Thu 18-May-17 00:10:42

fourandnomore I like the idea of different photographs to make it individual
My DSis is having a friendship journal made with photographs in it for one of the twins (her best friend) so will see which ones not included

backforgood They live miles apart so maybe save it 'til together
wobbly A plain pair would be nice, always think jewellery is such a personal preference/taste thing.

wrinkleseverywhere Others in the group have already bought gifts...I have left it late eeek

CheeseQueen Thu 18-May-17 00:18:06

Afternoon tea's a nice idea.
Spa voucher for a treatment or pampering?
Cinema voucher so they can go watch a film and have popcorn etc?!
Photo album/frame?

WimbledonMum1 Thu 18-May-17 00:27:08

www.virginexperiencedays.co.uk/

two for one and special offers

Blondie1984 Thu 18-May-17 00:34:09

Could you get them a plant each? Depending on what they are into you could get a grape vine (if they like wine), a bay or chilli tree (if they like cooking) or a rose if they are flower people

BeeThirtythree Thu 18-May-17 00:48:59

Blondie Plants are a good idea...something they can keep, will have a look for one for T1 (twin 1)

T1 lives close by and her birthday is on Friday, T2 is a few train rides away and luckily her birthday is the next day, so get to see them both on their birthdays. Don't want to transport anything big on a weekend train.

BackInMyDay Thu 18-May-17 00:55:12

Have a look at the HONY Books on amazon, I've got them as gifts before and each has been appreciated.

Pombearsandnaiceham Thu 18-May-17 02:45:58

I quite like Blondie's idea of giving them different sorts of plants depending on what they like doing. Or you could perhaps buy them tickets for a play/concert or something, if the tickets aren't too pricey? smile

Also (sorry this is so off topic! blush), but you mentioned OP that one twin's birthday is on Friday and that the other has her birthday the next day. Are they not born on the same day? (Sorry - I'm just quite curious!)

BeeThirtythree Thu 18-May-17 05:52:27

Pombearsandnaiceham Yes, they are born on different days, T1 was born pre midnight and T2 just post midnight. Always thought at least they don't have that twin thing of 'joint birthday party'. They are non identical and completely different looks/personality wise. It's odd as I know another set of twins who don't share a birthday and one is born on 29th February, so leap year birthdays!

If I can get a small plant, which they mostly seem to be, I can carry it on the train. Just got to think what suits them best now.

Some brilliant ideas for me to look into, thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now