Talk

Advanced search

Tonnes annoyed at this PA note left about me?

(19 Posts)
RadgePacket Wed 17-May-17 20:59:17

I've been living away from my flat for the last 3 weeks whilst building work has gone on.

Moved back Friday. Came home today to find a note left on top of the mailboxes for everyone to see. Saying obviously I must have noticed the issues with the alarm and that I need to contact management immediately to give them access to my flat.

The childish part of me wants to screw up and leave it where I found it grin (I have contacted management btw)

GreenHairDontCare Wed 17-May-17 21:00:28

Has your alarm been going off then?

Don't see the problem with the note really.

RadgePacket Wed 17-May-17 21:02:51

I've been living away from the property so I don't have a clue what's happened whilst I've been away.

It's the communal alarm, which is linked to everyone else's. So if I set my smoke alarm off then an alarm goes off in the whole building.

ClarkWGriswold Wed 17-May-17 21:05:26

hmm your alarm has probably been going off in other people's flats and you don't see a problem with that or why someone might be annoyed? You sound like an entitled twunt

RadgePacket Wed 17-May-17 21:09:36

No it's the assumption that I was aware of the issue and did nothing. Not true. Because I'm not an 'entitled twunt'.

They have made the assumption it's my alarm that's caused it to go off.

The communal alarm has gone off once since I've been back (6 days) so clearly that wouldn't have made me question there being an issue.

SnowBallsAreHere Wed 17-May-17 21:12:45

So your builders/building works have set off the alarms in the whole building and you're annoyed that they left you a note? hmm

You should cover your smoke alarms during building work as large quantities of dust, such as when cutting wood, is enough to set the sensors off.

Sirzy Wed 17-May-17 21:14:48

Surely whoever was working there should have taken action/let you know so you could?

msgrinch Wed 17-May-17 21:18:42

Are you my neighbour? (Please see thread in chat). If so, you're a dickhead and we all hate you. Days and days of an alarm going off. No number left to contact in emergencies etc. Selfish is an understatement.

RadgePacket Wed 17-May-17 21:20:52

It's not the building work. From what I gathered the alarm was going off in the evenings.

The room the alarm is in was kept closed.

It's an assumption made that it's MY alarm and that I knew about it and did nothing. I even let one of them in to my flat today to have a look at it and he said if it was faulty then the red lifht would be blinking. Which it wasn't.

RadgePacket Wed 17-May-17 21:24:08

Can't find the thread. My neighbour has my number and could have contacted me at any point.

It's not days and days. There was one evening where it went off quite a few times.

TheWitchAndTrevor Wed 17-May-17 21:26:18

Need a link Msgrinch

RB68 Wed 17-May-17 21:27:47

screw up and ignore

Goldmandra Wed 17-May-17 21:30:07

Alarms have zones so you can see where the fire is. It is probably fact, not assumption that the problem is in your flat.

Waitingonasmile Wed 17-May-17 21:31:26

The thread is called 'I'm going to have to kill my neighbours' don't know how to link.

sobeyondthehills Wed 17-May-17 21:48:44

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/2921773-Im-going-to-have-to-kill-my-neighbours

LilQueenie Wed 17-May-17 21:49:48

Leave another note stating how obvious they jump to conclusions as you were not in to be aware there was a problem.

HoldBackTheRain Wed 17-May-17 21:55:46

if this was the only thing I had to worry about in life I'd be bloody happy.

PaulDacresFeministConscience Wed 17-May-17 21:57:24

Msgrinch just read your thread - we had exactly the same problem. If dickhead neighbours are refusing to play ball then I'd turn their power off to 'encourage' them to answer the door. You'll have fuse boxes in your individual flats but there is usually a communal meter room - where all the main power units and meters are situated. If you find that and then their meter, you can flick the switch off and it will cut power to their entire flat.

HildaOg Wed 17-May-17 23:00:50

You should be very apologetic to your neighbours for your builders causing them repeated disturbance. It's obnoxious to pretend that it isn't your responsibility when the problem is coming from your flat. They can tell which alarm is going off, it's yours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now